Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Dip Recipes

I love making dips, especially during football season. These two recipes seem to be the all time favorites at our house. We've had several people ask for these recipes just in the past week! So, here you go.

Bacon Swiss Dip

Block of swiss cheese, grated
8 oz. cream cheese
1/2 cup to 1 cup of mayo
6 slices of bacon, cooked

Mix the swiss cheese, cream cheese, and mayo together and put in a small casserole dish. Cut the bacon into small pieces and scatter on top. Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Serve with Fritos or crackers. SO DELICIOUS AND SO EASY!

Buffalo Chicken Dip

Rotisserie chicken
8 oz. cream cheese
Bottle of Frank's hot sauce
Bottle of Ranch dressing
Cheddar cheese

I use a rotisserie chicken for this recipe just because it is easy and I'm not a fan of boiled chicken or canned chicken. You can use either of those just as well, however. Also, I don't normally measure the cheese out--I just use a bag or half a bag of the already grated stuff, but you can use whatever and put however much you want to put in it. Cut the chicken into small pieces, and mix the chicken and remaining ingredients in a crock pot. Or, you can put into a small casserole dish as well and bake it. I just prefer to use a crock pot so it will stay warm. Serve with Fritos. This one is a little bit heartier than the bacon swiss dip and has a kick to it! It is delicious as well!

I think I will try to post recipes every so often. If anyone is like me, I am always in a rut when it comes to cooking and I am always looking for new things. I also have a husband who likes to have a meat and two veggies every night, so it is extremely difficult! This has subsided a bit since Hudson came along, but I still try to do a good meal (meaning meat and veggies) 3-4 times a week. I would love for other bloggers to put up recipes as well. I know we can all use the help!

No comments:

Post a Comment