Monday, September 21, 2009

The "Bridesmaids" Song

My parents bought Hudson this Fisher Price Ocean Aquarium for his crib a couple of months ago. It is so cute, and Hudson really likes to look at it.

When they gave us this toy, they said that they heard that babies can learn how to turn it on in their crib and can entertain themselves. It has a button on the bottom front that babies can hit and it will turn it on and off. I am all about gaining a few extra minutes when he wakes up so I thought this would be great! We turn it on every night when we put him down, and we also turned it on for naps. It will stay on for about 15 minutes and then automatically cuts off (he's usually asleep by the time it cuts off). It plays what I call the "Bridesmaids" song (you all know the song I'm talking about), and it makes bubbling noises and the fish actually move. It does have other songs on it, but that's the one that it is always set to. Hudson is absolutely mesmerized with this aquarium and it really seems to calm him down.

Until last night, he didn't know that he had the power to turn this toy on and off...but, he figured it out last night, ALL NIGHT LONG. It started at 10:30 pm. He would turn it on, let it play for 5 minutes, and then turn it back off. Keep in mind, we can hear everything on the monitor. He did this every few minutes until 1 something and Joel finally went upstairs and turned the thing off so Hudson couldn't turn it on anymore. He was wide awake and having so much fun! On a side note, both Joel and I act like we are asleep so that we don't have to be the one to make the trek upstairs...that's why we lasted until 1 something before doing something about it! Anyway, I have had the Bridesmaids song in my head all morning long so far!

I guess a month ago I would highly recommend this toy, but now, I'm not so sure! It had such great potential until Hudson got smart! I didn't think that he would be up all night playing with it instead of sleeping!

Happy Monday to everyone. I feel like we are living in an aquarium these days with all this rain! Where is the sun???

No comments:

Post a Comment