Monday, June 22, 2009

Father's Day

This is my handsome hubby on his first Father's Day.


I'm really not sure I can put into words how much I appreciate and love Joel more now that he is a father to our precious son. I'll be the first to tell you that I'm not a sappy person, but having a child and watching the man that you love take care of the child that you created together is something that makes me happier than anything else in the world! He loves Hudson SO much. It is hard to believe that just three short months ago, Joel held a baby for the first time ever (or so he claims!). Now, he is changing diapers, giving baths, and loving our sweet child unconditionally! There is nothing like seeing a dad hold his son. It is so sweet! I can't wait to spend many more Father's Days with Joel.

I thought it would be fitting to include some of my favorite pictures of Joel and Hudson on this post.

This is Joel and Hudson on Easter.


Hudson and Joel catching some sleep together. I love how Hudson is wearing his "I love Daddy" bib! How fitting!


This is Joel being our rock in the NICU. Those were some hard days!



Joel mentioned on several occasions that he wanted a new weedeater or a new driver for Father's Day, but I just couldn't get him that for his first Father's Day! That is not sentimental at all! Hudson got his Dad several gifts, and wrote him a note to go with each gift. I took pictures of them all, so maybe I will post them on here sometime soon. I think Joel thought it was sweet. Hudson also made Joel a picture at daycare that had his little footprints on it. It was cute.
x
I also want to wish my dad and Joel's dad a Happy Father's Day as well! We are so lucky to have you as our dads and we hope that you both had a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment