Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Happy Birthday Harrison!

How in the world is this sweet boy already TWO!?!?
 
We had grand celebratory plans today, but as I've learned through parenthood, sometimes things just don't go the way you planned and you just have to adjust and most of the time, I am grateful for the way things end up turning out. Today was one of them!

It started out earlier this week when Harrison's birthday shirt (I always get them a special shirt to wear on their birthdays!) did not arrive on time--the person I ordered it from completely dropped the ball and fortunately did have it overnighted so we will have it...just not ON his birthday. Little did I know, that wouldn't really matter anyway! I made him squeeze into the only other birthday outfit we have that Hudson wore when he turned 1! It actually fit! He just had to wear a birthday outfit--you know, the important things in life! :)

Our birthday ritual is to go to Krispy Kreme and eat chocolate sprinkle donuts and chocolate milk for breakfast. No matter what we do on birthday day, this is the way we always start it out! Since both Joel and I had 8:30 meetings at work this morning, we were a bit crunched for time, so my mom offered to bring the donuts to our house at 7:15. Perfect! Donuts AND Big Momma (AND gifts!). What a great way to start the day! Except for when I went to get Harrison out of bed and he was burning up. He was not going to school today, and he sure wasn't in the mood for donuts, or presents, or Big Momma. :( We had blown up balloons and had candles out to sing to him, but none of that happened! While all of that was sad, it was actually a blessing as I got to spend some one on one time with my birthday boy! There's not a whole lot that beats that!

I decided mid-morning that it was likely teeth that was causing the fever because while he was a little puny and not himself, he was still a wild man, however, I'm not so sure now. Unfortunately, Hudson is not feeling well now either. :( Oh how I love germs from daycare...

 I had my first successful bribe today. We were outside and I wanted to get just one cute picture of him sitting and smiling, and I told him if he sat and smiled for a second, he could go get a sucker. Well, that immediately worked, except for the fact that I have a camera full of awkward forced "cheese" faces! It's pretty funny.
Hudson came home at lunchtime since he was not feeling great either and they both took super long naps. We had plans to eat Mexican, but since the boys were not 100%, a sit down restaurant, even if it was Mexican, was not going to work. So, next best thing--Chick Fil A. And, since Harrison missed his birthday party at school, we got cupcakes afterwards. We redeemed the day as best as we could, but we are going to do a total re-do on Friday! We did not even break out his gifts today, so those will wait a couple of days too.

 
Happy Birthday sweet boy! Two years sure have flown by! We love you so, so much! And, we hope you feel better tomorrow! 

No comments:

Post a Comment