Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

Thanksgiving Day started out with a special delivery from my Mom. One of our Whitt family Thanksgiving traditions is to have monkey bread and hot tea while watching the Macy's parade. Even though we've all moved out, Mom still makes the monkey bread and the hot tea and this year, brought it to us! Thank you Mom!!! It was SO good! I watched just about every bit of the parade and as always, my favorite part was the Rockettes.

We headed to my parents' house for Thanksgiving lunch. It was a small crowd this year (just us, my parents and the grandparents), but we still had a lot of fun and the food was delicious! I can't get enough of Thanksgiving food and yes, I had two plates AND dessert!

Here are my sweet grandparents....still going strong at 93! Believe it or not, they drove to my parents' house!


We had to get a picture with Mama Jean ("mean" as Hudson calls her!). She's doing great too!

After lunch, we headed up to the lake to spend the rest of the day and night with Joel's family. We tried to get a family picture, but when Joel's parents are around, Hudson wants nothing to do with us!


So, we kicked Hudson out of the picture!

Hudson met his second cousin, Mallory, for the first time. She was born in July and is so cute. She was so tiny too...Hudson was never that small! I held her for a short while and I was almost nervous. Is it sad that I forgot how to hold a baby??? I did ok though! She was very content!

I think Hudson liked the "baby" ok. He did steal her rattle and kept tempting her with it, but wouldn't give it to her. It was mean.


We had dinner #2 at the lake and were pretty much stuffed! It was all so good and we had a good time hanging out with everyone. Hudson was one tired little boy. We stayed up there for the night and then came back to Birmingham in time for the Iron Bowl.

We have had the best long weekend and are sad that tomorrow means back to work. But, just a few weeks and we'll be off for a while at Christmas so we're looking forward to that. Speaking of that, we spent most of yesterday putting up Christmas! I love our house all decorated for Christmas. It's so warm and cozy! We also got Hudson's Christmas card picture taken care of yesterday. Luckily, we were able to do it ourselves and I think it's going to be really cute.

Here's just a couple of pictures of Hudson torturing Chloe. He has been really mean to her lately! We're trying to teach him to be sweet!



No comments:

Post a Comment