Monday, November 8, 2010

Mentone, AU Football, Birthday Parties

We headed to Mentone Saturday morning to spend the day and night with my parents. We arrived just in time to play a little putt putt on the putting green...

It was a shame our balls never got to the hole because the dogs kept stealing them. It was a game to them! Hudson had fun holding the putter and pulling out the pins. I would be ok with him being a professional caddy someday! He sure did get in some good practice this weekend! Ha!


Joel tried to get a picture with Hudson, but it wasn't happening. Too much to do and see!


We had a delicious bowl of chili while we watched the Auburn game. It was perfect for a cold November day! Actually, the whole day was spent watching football and we wouldn't have had it any other way! We enjoyed ourselves so much! Oh and we didn't mind a bit that Hudson's whole focus was on his Big Momma and Big Daddy! It's so nice to have some help and Hudson just adores all of his grandparents. Joel and I are nothing compared to all of them!

This picture must have been taken right after Alabama lost to LSU! Just kidding to all my Bammer fans. It's no fun to lose so I know how they feel! I just hope we don't have to experience that this year! Hudson loved to tell us that "Aubie" was on his shirt. Talk about cute! I hope he gets to see the real Aubie sometime soon!


We had steak for dinner and then attempted to get Hudson to bed, which was a no go. We rarely have trouble getting him to go to bed. I have to back up for a minute and tell this one story. So, Hudson has been showing a little bit of an attitude the past few days, ironically, right after I did the 20 month post when I said he has been doing so well lately. I should never have written that! Well, I finally tried "time-out" last week because he was kicking the dogs and hitting me in the face. I put him in a chair and was going to make him sit for a minute (I've heard to make them sit in time-out a minute for each year he is and since he's one, that's why I did one minute). He obviously understood what it was because he got SO mad, crying and screaming, that he barfed. Timeout obviously didn't go as planned! So, back to the bedtime story. For whatever reason, he didn't want to be in the crib at the cabin. You probably know where this is going. Yes, he got so mad again that he barfed. I had only brought one set of pj's and the barf was everywhere. The crib was not happening. I've learned my lesson--if he gets too mad he WILL throw up--YUCK! What do I do??? I see a lot of barf in my future at this rate. Disciplining is NOT easy!

Anyway, we put him in the bed with us, dressed in his dirty clothes from the day, but with two dogs and three people in a double size bed, it was not comfortable to say the least! I finally was able to get him back into the crib once he fell asleep, but he woke up at 4 or 5 am screaming again. I ended up taking him to another room on the other side of the house so we wouldn't bother anyone, and luckily, he did go back to sleep for a few hours, but we were in a twin bed this time and it was awful for me! Oh well!

Sunday morning, we relaxed for a while before heading to Weiss Lake to celebrate Joel's granddad's 93rd birthday.

We tried to take some pictures before we left Mentone, but again, Hudson was not having it!

Here he is kissing the bear. So cute!


We made it to the lake in time to eat a yummy lunch and have some cake! Here we are singing to Papa John. Can you believe he's 93?!?! Wow!!! He's listening to us sing through a microphone--he's hard of hearing, but what do you expect at 93! He's still smart as a whip! He'll tell you that he can't remember anything, but he asked me about my grandfather, remembered his name (Fred), and told me that Fred had just turned 93 too. And, yes, he turned 93 a month ago. I hope I can remember that much at 93...wait, I hope I live to 93!


We had a great time visiting with Joel's family at the lake and celebrating Papa John. We wouldn't have missed it for the world! After the party, we headed back to Birmingham. We had another birthday party at 4 on Sunday afternoon! It was a crazy day.

My friend Jennifer's little girl Cooper turned 2 and she had a "bubble" themed birthday party for her. Let me tell you, it was SO cute! Jennifer is so creative and the decorations were awesome. I only wish I had a portion of that talent!

Here is Hudson and Cooper (aka "Pooper" as Hudson calls her!) riding in the wagon. Cooper's outfit matched all of the colors and the theme of the party and she had on the cutest little Ugg shoes to go with it. She is just precious!

The party was near a pool and unfortunately, Hudson didn't understand that he couldn't get in the pool. Why was MY child the only one who felt this way?!?!?! No one else's child made mad dashes towards the pool! It was a disaster trying to keep him away from it. Hudson had a long day, so he was not in the best mood and whenever we blocked him from running to the pool, he started to throw a fit. Needless to say, we weren't able to stay too long! But, besides the pool issues, Hudson had a BLAST playing with the bubbles. It was such a great idea. There was a bubble machine and a baby pool with bubble stuff in it. Hudson loved it. I love seeing him have fun. Oh and the cake. The cake was some of the best cake I've ever had! And yes, we had cake and ice cream twice yesterday. And, Hudson had ice cream two times on Saturday too. Yikes!



Lucky for us, since we had the sleep issues Saturday night, Hudson slept in a little later Sunday morning, and with all the activity yesterday, he was so tired last night that the time change didn't really affect him too badly. I'm sure everyone who has kids dreads the time change (as do I!), but thankfully, it was ok this year. He actually slept until after 7 this morning!

The weekend was so much fun. We absolutely love going to Mentone and hanging out at the cabin. There's something about it that just makes you relax and this time of year, it is beautiful with all the leaves changing colors. I'm thankful that the lake is only 20-30 minutes away from the cabin and we are able to see both families in one weekend. We are truly blessed! It sure does make going back to work on Mondays hard! :(

1 comment: