Monday, March 15, 2010

Weekend in Mentone

We had a much needed weekend away in Mentone this past weekend. Joel had to work a ton last week so we didn't see him very much, so it was nice to have him with us! Hudson got to spend some quality time with my parents too! We went to the Wildflower Cafe on Friday night and had fun rocking out to good music and great food. It is always so much fun. Hudson had a blast too. Hudson decided he didn't want to sleep very well at the cabin, so that was no fun, but we were able to take a great nap Saturday afternoon after spending the morning in Chattanooga hanging out. Hudson went on his very first carousel ride! He loved it at first and then he just got really still so I don't know if he was feeling a little sick from going round and round, or if he was getting sleepy. The carousel went a little fast for all our likings! It was fun though.

Saturday night, we went to a surprise party for one of my parents' friends and then went back to the cabin and cooked steaks. Hudson didn't sleep at all Saturday night either, and Sunday morning, Joel and I both woke up with whatever Hudson had all last week! Of course, we couldn't escape it. I felt it coming on Saturday and I really think I had a fever for at least part of the day. Joel had the fever on Sunday, and I just felt horrible, so it was not a good day. We came back to Birmingham early and took it easy all day. Hudson finally felt great, so it was a difficult day because neither Joel nor I had the energy to want to play with him, or take care of him for that matter, but you do what you have to do and we got through it. I hardly have a voice today and can't breathe, but I am feeling better.

Here are some pics from the carousel. They were taken with my phone, so they aren't the best quality.

Today was a big day for Hudson. He is transitioning into his new classroom this week. It's a sad day, but I know he will be happier with more kids his own age and not so many babies in his room! He was supposed to be in there from 9-11 today, but they said he did so well that he never went back to the infant room. I was so relieved. He even took a nap on the floor at naptime (well, I do think they use a cot, but it's practically on the floor)! They use nap mats in this room and I have been wondering how they get them to sleep on the floor during nap time and get them to stay there, but he took a 2 hour nap, which is twice as long as his normal naps at daycare!

In other news, Hudson is starting to say "Uh oh", which is so fun. I find myself intentionally dropping things and saying "uh oh" just so he will repeat it! And he normally does! It is exciting. I also have dropped his morning bottle, so we are down to one a day. It was not bad at all. I'm just not sure how I'm going to drop the night one, but I'm not going to worry about that yet. We still have a ton of formula left and I'm not going to let it go to waste!

That's about all the news from the Reed household. It's another busy work week for us and I'm already looking forward to the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment