Thursday, March 11, 2010

One Year Checkup

It was back to the doctor for Mr. Hudson today for his one year well checkup. I love Dr. C, but maybe this will be the last time we have to see him for a while. I know my wallet is tired of paying co-pays! Here are his stats:

Weight: 23 pounds, 15 ounces (60th percentile)
Height: 30.5 inches (75th percentile)
HC: 18.5 inches

He got 3 shots and a finger prick. It was a rough one! Everything looked good though and he seems to be hitting all of his important milestones that the doctors are concerned about (talking, clapping, waving, etc.). Dr. C said that his weight will be slowing down over the next year and his appetite will be decreasing, but not to worry. I can already tell that his appetite is decreasing...or maybe he is just picky because he won't eat anything that I give him. I have been hesitant about dropping the last two bottles because he won't eat much other food, but Dr. C said we needed to do it as soon as possible, mainly because the milk sits on his teeth all night long and it is bad for them. He said to give him whole milk at every meal and he should be fine, which we normally do and Hudson takes it just fine from a cup. I'm just afraid to cut out the last one before bed. It is like a nightly routine for us and as soon as we come down the stairs from bathtime, Hudson is pointing and whining for the bottle. I have a feeling that one is going to be torture to cut out! He also said to start brushing Hudson's teeth, which I had already bought a toothbrush before the appointment today so we will be starting that soon! The poor boy just got his first tooth a few weeks ago and now we have three and are working on a fourth! I guess I'm glad they are all coming in at once. We're just getting it all over with fast!

Hudson takes his last bottle in his big boy chair. I'm so glad that he can hold it on his own now because I can work on dinner! He loves sitting in the chair too...well, sitting, standing, bouncing, tumping it over...etc.!


Hudson's new thing this week is that he has started to point to things. I think it is so darn cute. He is always pointing at something he wants. I'm glad to finally see what is going on in that little head of his. At least by his pointing I feel like he is starting to communicate.

He is starting to take steps on his own, but definitely not full blown walking yet. He will stand by himself and then take a few steps forward before either falling or sitting down. He gets so tickled with himself when he takes a few steps. I just love that. Oh and the other day he was walking around the kitchen on the alphabet train (below) only holding on to it with one hand and holding onto another toy with the other hand. It took talent. I was proud of him! We are getting closer for sure!


Check out these curls! He has crazy hair and I'm really not sure how to tame it. It is constant frizz all the time. He needs a haircut too, but the grandparents keep telling me that I shouldn't dare cut the curls. I just don't know what to do with them? All these years I have been wanting curly hair...not anymore! Although, it is pretty cute on Hudson!

No comments:

Post a Comment