Wednesday, March 3, 2010

One More

Hopefully this will be the last post about Hudson being sick! He has still not been acting like himself and not eating (almost a week now with no solid foods), and this morning he threw up again. Luckily, I already had scheduled him an appointment for this morning because this has gone on WAY too long for it to be a stomach bug, and Joel and I have not gotten it yet. Normally, we would have had it by now, so I knew it had to be something else. We went to the doctor and of course, he has yet another double ear infection. It was different than any other one that he had, but the doctor said that sometimes it causes them to throw up and have bad diapers and mimic that of a stomach bug. Who knew? I had a feeling it was his ears, but the stomach virus symptoms threw me this time so I quickly tossed that aside. And, he had been sleeping fine (well, better than usual) and him waking up crying in the night was usually a tell tale sign that his ears were bothering him. It's a good thing I'm not a doctor! Anyway, Hudson got a shot this time since we are scheduled for tubes on Friday, and we are hoping that it will kick in faster. Poor buddy screamed like I have never seen him scream. It was terrible. I thought that would be the end of the tubes appointment, but the doctor said as long as his chest is clear and no fever, that it was ok. We do have to go back tomorrow to get him checked again, and then we will decide for sure if the tubes is a go for Friday. If not Friday, it will be early next week because we obviously need to get them as soon as possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment