Sunday, February 28, 2010

Tomorrow This Boy Will be ONE!

Well, tomorrow is the big day for this cutie.

I keep thinking back on what I was doing this time last year. It was a Saturday, and Joel and I knew that Hudson was on the way. I had been having contractions all day and they were getting stronger and stronger and closer together as the day went on. Joel and I did some last minute shopping, which included going to Target to get some baby supplies and batteries for all the baby gear! We then went home and put together the swing, and tried to relax. We watched the Auburn basketball game that night and then tried really hard to get some sleep!

Snow was predicted for Sunday last year so that made us both a little nervous. We wanted to wait it out as long as we could, but we also were worried about getting to the hospital when the time came! Luckily, we didn't have to worry about that because the contractions were unbearable at 2 am on Sunday morning, and it was time to go! It was snowing really hard when we were driving to the hospital, but the roads were fine at the time. We were nervous, but we couldn't wait to meet our little man (and I couldn't wait to get that epidural!)!

I'm a little sad that he is turning one tomorrow, but at the same time, I am looking forward to what is to come next year!


I apparently spoke too soon about the stomach bug being gone. After I wrote the previous post, the stomach bug moved to the "other end" and Hudson has been battling it all weekend. He has not eaten a thing. I'm so thankful that the birthday party is not today like we originally planned! He wouldn't even want his cake! I'm so ready for this little man to be WELL! Where are you spring???

No comments:

Post a Comment