Thursday, February 4, 2010

TUBES!

Hudson has yet another double ear infection. I got a call yesterday from daycare that he had a fever and I had to go pick him up. I just knew it was another one! Twice in three weeks I might add. Oddly enough, I already had an appointment for the doctor set up for today to check his ears from the last ear infection to make sure they had cleared up...funny how things work. Anyway, Dr. Cortopassi said he was throwing in the towel and that it was time for tubes. I was hoping he might say that and if he didn't, I was going to ask about it! I hate it when Hudson gets them because he can't sleep and is so pitiful, so I'm hopeful that this will be the last one. We got a much stronger antibiotic this time,and are still using the numbing drops in his ears, so he should be feeling better soon! We have an appointment with a pediatric ENT in two weeks and then we will set up the appointment to actually get the tubes. From what I hear, it is a nothing procedure and he should be fine later on that day. I just hate that he will have to be put under, but at least we have already gone through that once and hopefully will be a little less nervous about it this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment