Thursday, June 2, 2011

Lake Weekend

We came back from the beach on Friday to quickly unpack, do laundry, and repack for the lake. We left for the lake Saturday morning. Hudson couldn't wait to get on the boat. However, when he rode on it the first time with Uncle Jordan, he got scared out of his mind because in his words, "Jordan too fast." We shouldn't have let crazy Uncle Jordan take us out for the first time! Ha!

Pops coaxed him into riding on it with him, and Pops went extra slow and Hudson started to love the boat again! He also loved playing with all the buttons on the boat and sticking the key in and out. Oh the fun!


By Sunday, we were back to being able to go fast on the boat! Hudson was no longer scared and asked to get on the boat numerous times. We took several long rides, watched the boys (and girls) tube and ski, and had a blast! Joel even got in some shooting practice. I think there were some watermelons and cantelopes involved. Boys just always have to blow up things, no matter how old they are! :)

Hudson made "Uncken Stuart" get in the lake with him. He told him to take his shirt off and get in. It was so funny! Hudson LOVED Stuart this weekend. In fact, he was "My Uncken Stuart" all weekend to Hudson. I wish I had gotten a picture of the two of them. It was so cute.


My sweet boy!
Hudson liked jumping in the lake, but that was about all. He didn't like staying in the lake. I'm kind of with him on that one--I had something nibble on my leg and that was it for me and swimming. I have a hard time not being able to see what is nibbling me! I think I am a snake magnet. Growing up, I had many encounters with snakes, and to say that I'm terrified of them would be a huge understatement. So, they are always on my mind at the lake and while I know it was probably just a fish nibbling on me, I still didn't like it!


We had a great BBQ dinner on Saturday night with Joel's family and extended family. We spent the night there and played all day on Sunday as well. We came home after dinner Sunday night. It was SO good to be home. Joel laughs at me because I'm always wanting to go somewhere and not stay at home all the time, but this time, I was glad to be back in my own bed and I know Hudson was glad to be back in his bed. I'm always glad to get back to our routine as well!

We had a very low key Memorial Day, filled with lots of laundry and grocery store shopping. We also picked out paint colors for Hudson's new room and the new baby's room. I can't wait for it to all come together!

No comments:

Post a Comment