Thursday, June 30, 2011

Gardendale Splash Pad

The Gardendale splash pad has been something I've been wanting to take Hudson to all summer. We finally got the chance to go this morning with our Sunday school playgroup. Hudson was so excited all morning, although, he kept talking about seeing the elephants and the tiger and riding the train as well as doing the splash pad. I think I told him a thousand times that we weren't going to the splash pad at the zoo, but it never quite registered! He wasn't disappointed when we got there though.

He had a great time for about 30 minutes, and then he was done. So were the rest of the kids. It was funny. We were all laughing that it took more time to drive out there, but I guess that's what you get with little ones!

We hung out with everyone for a little while to make the trip worth it, and had a snack and enjoyed being outside (in the shade!). There was also a really good playground attached to the splash pad, so Hudson had fun playing on that as well.

I kept noticing that the back of Hudson's bathing suit was getting progressively "muddier" throughout the morning. I thought he had just gone and sat in the dirt or something. Well, let's just say it wasn't mud. :) And, swimmy diapers aren't really good for something that isn't mud. So, we had to make a quick exit once I realized that we had a mess on our hands! Ha!


We tried to get a group shot of the kids, and this is how well it went! This is not even all the kids that were there. They were all so busy.

We tried for several minutes before Hudson was done and was telling me to put the "camma" up, and then of course, the younger ones finally decided to stay still at that point, so I thought this one was pretty cute!

Hudson and I hit up Chick Fil A on our way home and he's been napping ever since. It's been a good day! I don't know that we'll go back to the splash pad, but it was something different to do, and I do think Hudson had fun. It was just a long way out there and it got REALLY crowded!

No comments:

Post a Comment