Monday, January 24, 2011

Videos and Losing My Mind!

I never upload any videos (mainly because it takes FOREVER), but since I haven't taken many pictures lately, these will have to do!

First up...What Animal is this??? Apparently the second video is also attached to this one...not sure how that happened. So, you don't have to watch the second one if you watch this one. The blog is really making me mad lately! Does anyone know how to make the header picture larger??? I just can't seem to make it work. UPDATE: This morning when I got on the blog, the header picture was the way it is supposed to be. Weird! Anyway, here's the video.


Second up...Where's Hudson???

Isn't he the cutest??? I think so! Peekaboo started by Hudson is now a daily thing and if you don't participate, he will call you out. I hear "Mommy do it!" about a hundred times a day!

It's a good thing that Hudson is turning out to be so smart...it obviously didn't come from me! I think I've been losing my mind recently. I've been doing some really weird things! Last week, I decided we were doing roast in the crockpot, and I put it in the crockpot in the morning, drove all the way to the other side of Vestavia to take Hudson to school, and then realized on my way to the Summit to work that I forgot to plug the dang thing in. I just KNEW I didn't plug it in--I remembered turning it on, but I did not remember plugging it in. I didn't want to not have dinner that night so even though I was already late, I drove on home only to find that I had plugged it in and it was cooking. I was so mad!

The very next day, I was out to lunch with a friend and I realized while talking to her that my shirt was on backwards. I was so embarassed. And no, I never did end up turning it around. I just went the whole day with it backwards!

So, moving on to last Friday. I left Hudson's gallon of milk out on the counter when I left for the day and so it was spoiled by the end of the day. What a waste...and Hudson didn't have any milk which was a major tragedy!

Then today, I was at work and I passed a girl in the hall that I didn't know. I used to be in the know about all the new people, but I'm just out of it now and we just had a bunch of interns start. So, I thought I would be nice and I told her that I didn't think I knew her and introduced myself. She said she was Ashley, and I proceeded to say welcome to the firm and asked if she was an audit or tax intern. She proceeds to say that she is our receptionist (and has been with our firm for like 6 months!). Oops!

All this to say, I've got to get my act together! 2011 is not starting out so well!

Ok I have to share this funny story to end this post. If you get grossed out easily, do not proceed. Our Sunday school class is learning about the Five Love Languages. Basically, we all have a particular love language and our spouses should be showing their love in our love language (if that makes sense)--that's the way we feel loved the most. My love language is acts of service so basically I feel loved the most when Joel helps around the house, helps with Hudson, etc. Joel laughed at that and said it wasn't right, but that's beside the point (he's worried that he's going to have to take it up a notch!)! Anyway, so last night Hudson was in the bath and I was folding his clothes (while also keeping a close watch on him!). Well, I went in the bathroom to check on him and realized that we had a MAJOR code brown going on. Major. And, Hudson was playing with it. Awesome. So, what do I do? I call out for my wonderful husband (oh and not 10 minutes beforehand, I had thrown Hudson's shoe downstairs for him to clean because Hudson had stepped in dog poo). Joel rushes upstairs and immediately takes charge, starting the bath water in the other bathroom so we can give Hudson another bath and then cleaning up the code brown in Hudson's tub. I told Joel that this was very appropriate for the day and that I was totally feeling the love because of his gracious acts of service! :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm literally trying not to laugh out loud while I'm reading this!!!

    ReplyDelete