Monday, January 3, 2011

New Year's With the Fam

We spent Thursday through Sunday up at the cabin in Cloudland with my family. It was the first time that we have all been up to the new cabin together and it was so fun! On Friday, we all went to Rock City in Chattanooga. While we have all been there before, it had been years since I have been and my parents too so it was fun to go see it again. I actually didn't remember a thing about it so it was like a new adventure for me!

Morgan loves to pose for pictures. She is the most photogenic child I've ever seen!

We took lots of pictures at Rock City! I think this is at the point where you can see seven states or something like that.


My sweet parents who let us invade their house for the weekend. I'm pretty sure they are looking forward to their nice, quiet weekend next weekend! It was a little rowdy!


This cracks me up because I am holding Hudson in this picture. It was so awkward for me to hold him so he could peek out that hole.


This is Dad going through Fat Man's Squeeze. So funny.


Hudson loved his cousin Morgan!


Unk Trey, Shonny, and Morgan. Unk Trey might have been the hit of the weekend. Hudson LOVED him!



We had to get a picture with the gnome hats. There were gnomes all over that place--very, very strange, and a little creepy too!



The boys having a little bit of fun. By the way, my Mom was freaking out while this picture was being taken and forbid any of the rest of us from getting on this platform!


She is trying to muster up a smile, but she was having a stroke watching Joel and Trey. She's afraid of elevators, so you can imagine how afraid she was being on a ledge!


After Rock City, we had lunch in Chattanooga and then headed back to the cabin for naps. Some napped, Morgan and I watched Free Willy (Carrie, I'm talking about the movie, not the ferris wheel :)) and Joel and Trey went on a hike and took a picture of the cabin from another mountain. So pretty!

Auburn flag at the cabin...7 days and counting!!!

I have a confession. I did not make it to midnight on New Year's. I tried to make it to Eastern time midnight, but I didn't even make it that long. I guess it was a good thing because Hudson was up and at em' at 6:30 on Saturday morning! Happy New Year to us!


Saturday was a very rainy day and we did what most people did on New Year's Day. We watched football, and a lot of it. It was fabulous. Oh and we ate all day, well at least I did.


When the rain stopped, we were all ready to go outside for a little while. We got a decent family shot before we went on a hike to find a waterfall that was supposed to be nearby.

We found a waterfall, but I think it was a waterfall due to all the rain that had come down that day! I don't think we found the right one, but it was still a good walk nonetheless! Hudson really enjoyed the hike! He loves being outside and he actually walked a good bit of it!



We made sure that 2011 is going to bring us good luck by eating our pork loin, black eyed peas, and greens (I didn't eat greens, but made sure Joel ate enough for the both of us!). Hopefully, 2011 will be a great year! I can't complain too much about 2010, but I'm looking forward to seeing what is in store for us in 2011.

Thanks Mom and Dad for a fun weekend!!! Can't wait to come back!

No comments:

Post a Comment