Sunday, December 2, 2012

14 Months

Pictures of to come of our crazy busy weekend, but I wanted to make sure to put up Harrison's 14 month post first.
 
We have had a breakthrough this month with Harrison. It is like a switch has flipped and he is all of a sudden a happy baby. We are loving it. Now, he is still a MESS. You can just take one look at him and know he's trouble. But, he's cute so who cares! 
 
I've never heard as many laughs and squeals out of him as I have this month. His favorite thing right now is to be chased. We chase after him all over this house and he just giggles and squeals! He has a special hiding place too which is really cute. He will squeeze between the den chair and the ottoman and he thinks no one can get to him.

I have also noticed this month that he is really starting to listen to us and respond to simple commands. For example, I can tell him to put his dirty clothes in the basket and he will go do it. Or, go close a door, or do you want a sippy and he will head to the fridge. He will also give you a wide open mouth kiss if you ask for it and will squeeze you tight (and pat your back!) for a hug!

He is still not saying much that we can understand. He makes a lot of "da" sounds, but not a lot of real words yet.

He continues to be very jealous of Hudson sitting in my lap or if the dogs are sitting in our laps. He will get his way...mark it down! He is a pusher for sure. He is so tough too. He will steal the dogs toys away from them and absolutely will not give it back to them, even if they are tugging on it! He's also pretty good at stealing Hudson's toys. It usually results in one of them, if not both of them crying. Speaking of tough, he did his first front flip down the backyard stairs this afternoon (not on my watch, I might add). He was fine thankfully--not even a scratch or bump on him. I try not to picture it actually happening because it is scary.

He still hates having his diaper changed. Most of the chasing games begin when I mention changing his diaper.

I think his growth has definitely (and finally) slowed down a bit. He is in mostly 24 months to 2T clothes, but can still wear some 18 month clothes. Not for much longer though!

He has three teeth coming through right now, with a fourth on its way soon. He only has one top tooth coming through right now, but we can see the other one. He is going to follow in Hudson and my footsteps--Superman will be able to fit through his two front teeth! :) I'm almost sort of sad that the gummy smile is about to be a thing of the past. I know he is 14 months--high time for him to have some teeth, but still. There's just extra cuteness to a gummy smile!

He now has an attachment object. It is a little dog lovey called Woofie. It is so cute. I can tell that it really gives him comfort. It will not leave this house (I just don't want him getting that attached to where he can't go anywhere without it), but I'm fine with him having it in the house and to sleep with if he needs it.
Happy 14 months little buddy! I can't wait to celebrate your 2nd Christmas with you this month! Should be tons of fun!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment