Wednesday, November 2, 2011

One Month Old! And a Big Boy Haircut...

Harrison is one month old today! Time really is flying by this time.


I couldn't wait to do Harrison's one month picture on the chair and compare it to Hudson's because I just knew they were going to look like twins, and now that I'm looking at it below, I'm not sure they look anything alike! There are times (a lot of times) though, when I look at Harrison and he reminds me SO much of Hudson, especially when he is sleeping. I can't wait to see how he continues to change over his first year.


We have survived our first month as a family of four. While I feel like the past month is a blur, it really has not been nearly as big of an adjustment as I thought it would be. Joel and I say all the time that it was a much bigger adjustment going from zero children to one than it has been from one child to two. I'm sure that I might think differently once Harrison gets mobile! I'm just so much more relaxed this time, and I don't stress about every little thing. And thankfully, there have been no tears this time around (I think Joel is most thankful for that one!).



Harrison continues to be pretty easy. He has had his moments, but for the most part, he only cries when he's hungry or is extra sleepy. He's eating every 2-3 hours during the day (about 3.5 ounces each time) and we're getting one 5 hour stretch at night and a 3 hour stretch. We load him up on milk right before 9 at night and he will sleep until 2 or a little later. While it has not been bad being up during the night, I'll be happy when he's sleeping through the night! :) Especially when you have a 2 year old that wakes up at 6:30. When Hudson was a baby, he would go back to sleep until like 9 so I could always get some more sleep, but no go this time! Harrison always goes right back to sleep after his night feeding, so that has been great. I don't have him on any kind of schedule. I just don't have time to think about schedules and we're always on the go so he just has to eat when he needs to eat and sleep when he needs to sleep, which is mostly in his carseat during the day! It has worked out fine so far!


In the past week or so, we've started putting him on his play mat. He likes it for about 10-15 minutes at a time, and then he'll let us know that he's had enough. It's nice to be able to put him somewhere because he does not love the bouncy seat or the swing much at all. Hudson was the same way. He does like being in the Baby Bjorn so I wear him around the house from time to time so that I can get things done during the day.



Sweet feet!


I love big brother hanging his head over the crib checking Harrison out. Hudson really is taking to Harrison quite nicely! He always has to know where he is. When I go change Harrison's diaper, Hudson always has to come watch. He even helped me bathe Harrison last night and likes to help hold his bottles. When we are going somewhere, Hudson will always open the car door on Harrison's side for me, and "help" lift the carseat into the car. He also lets me know if Harrison is sleeping in the car or if he's awake, or if he is spitting up. Or, if he made a stinky--I think the neighbors can hear Harrison make a stinky--it's loud and I always feel like it's going to come flying out of the diaper (sorry if that was too much information!)! :) If Harrison is crying, Hudson will tell me that he needs a bottle. It really is sweet. We have to watch him though. He just gets wild around Harrison and we've had a few close calls. I even found Harrison with a pillow on his head one time--Hudson told me that he needed some covers. He has good intentions! Overall, I think he's going to be a great big brother!

Harrison is holding his head up pretty well at one month. I definitely need to do more tummy time with him than I do now, but he's doing good. He probably weighs 9 or 10 pounds at this point and I've put away all the newborn clothes and diapers. He's now wearing 3 month clothes and size 1 diapers. Sad day! Why do they grow SO fast?!?!



Happy One Month little boy! I can't wait to see what the next month has in store for us!


........................................................................


On another note, I have to show off Hudson's big boy haircut that he got this morning. Hudson had a mop on his head and it needed to go, but I will never, I repeat NEVER, say, "You can't cut it too short, I'm not really tied to the curls," ever ever again. Normally, they are always afraid that I will get upset if they take too much of the curls off so it's never really that short after he gets it cut (hence the reason why I said what I did--so she would at least cut a good bit), but this time, she took my words literally and went to town on his hair. The curls are definitely gone. I'm a little sad. There's not a day that goes by that a random person doesn't comment on how beautiful his hair is--even though I feel like his hair looks like bed head 90% of the time, I know some people would kill for his hair! We've even had several people say, "Oh it's a shame he's not a girl with that hair." I never really know what to say to that one! We'll see if they come back this time!

Curls or no curls, he's still one handsome little boy!


Joel and I are taking Hudson to Disney on Ice tonight. He's SO excited! I just hope we all stay awake for the performance. It doesn't start until 7, which is late for us sleep deprived parents!

No comments:

Post a Comment