Sunday, November 20, 2011

6-8 Week Checkup

We had Harrison's 6-8 week checkup on Thursday. He's 7 weeks today--can't believe that!!! He weighed 11 pounds, 6 ounces (75th percentile) and was 22.5 inches long (50th percentile). At Hudson's 6-8 week checkup, he weighed more and was longer, but we're still on track to have another chunky boy. I love it!

Dr. C. said we need to do more tummy time with Harrison as he's getting a flat head. We definitely don't want him having to wear a helmet to round it back out. He doesn't love tummy time, but we've spent the weekend doing it a lot! He's also still really cross-eyed, so he told us to give it a month and if it still isn't better, we need to go see a pediatric opthamologist. Joel thinks Dr. C. told us both those things at Hudson's 6-8 week checkup, but I must have blocked that out of my mind. AND, since his baby acne still has not cleared up and he has such dry skin already, he thought that it may be related to my milk so he has us trying soy formula for a while (in addition to breastmilk) to see if that will clear it up. Hopefully, it is not a milk allergy or excema related, but we'll see. Hudson did have bad excema as a baby so I won't be surprised if that isn't part of it. It does look better than it did a few weeks ago, so I'm just hoping it is still just related to the hormones and is just taking a while to go away. We're trying the soy formula though and also putting hydrocortisone cream on it, so surely one of the two of those will help! Harrison had to get a bunch of shots too, which was awful! I got really upset after the appointment. You want to hear that everything with your baby is just perfect and I felt like all those things I said above were all my fault (like how I made him cross-eyed--ha!--it was just a bad morning overall and that appointment just sent me over the edge!). These are all minor things though and I'm counting my blessings that he is perfectly healthy.

These boys just make me so happy! Hudson has been so sweet to Harrison and he always wants to pat his head or in the case of the pictures below, hold his hand. I promise these pictures are not staged at all! He talks to him a lot too, especially while we're riding in the car. Before Harrison's appointment, Hudson told him that he was going to have to get shots, and they were going to hurt, but only for a minute and that he could pick a sticker if he was good. He also tells him to dance in the car, and on several occasions, apparently, Harrison has danced for Hudson. Wish I could have seen that! :)

Harrison is still doing good in the sleep department at 7 weeks. He's getting up around 5 to eat and then going back down, so while we're not quite to the sleeping through the night stage like I thought we might be last weekend (he totally teased us with that!), I'm definitely ok with getting to sleep from 9:30 to 5! Now if Hudson will just sleep a little later than 6:15 (or 5:45 as it was on SATURDAY morning!), we'd be doing great. He's eating 4 ounces at each feeding, but we do give him more right before bedtime to fill that tummy!


We're looking forward to a fun week with both families for Thanksgiving! I can't believe it is already here!

No comments:

Post a Comment