Sunday, November 8, 2009

Goodbye Jeep, Hello Auburn, Happy Birthday Hunt and Cooper!

The title of this post pretty much sums up our weekend. We are exhausted to say the least!

Friday afternoon, Joel and I decided to go "look" at a car. We have been having serious discussions about getting a new car because Joel's Jeep is 11 years old and has almost 200,000 miles on it. My car is getting up there in the miles too, so in order to avoid having 2 car payments in the near future, we felt like we needed to make a move soon. We were just in the beginning stages of starting to look. We couldn't decide if we wanted another SUV, or if we wanted to get something smaller with better gas mileage and then get a big SUV in a few years when my car is on its last leg and we have kid #2. I was talking to my friend Kristen at work last Thursday about what we were thinking about and was asking her if the new Maximas were good because her Dad works at the Nissan dealership. She called her Dad to ask his opinion and apparently they had gotten in a top of the line Altima the day before and he told Kristen that he would sell it to us for a GREAT price if we came in to look at it on Friday. Well, we were definitely open to a good deal, although I had my doubts about an Altima because I figured it would be too small and was worried about getting the carseat in and out. I was so wrong! We loved the car and bought it on the spot. Never did I ever think that is what we would get, but it is awesome and we are so happy with it. Joel was emotional about letting go of his Jeep, but it has been a long time coming. I'm sure that our neighbors are happy it is gone too! I could hear it coming from all the way down the street! Ha! Anyway, we were supposed to go to Hunt Kincaid's first birthday party on Friday night and we got tied up at the dealership trying to get everything worked out and we missed the party. We were thinking about him though and hoping he was doing a number on his smash cake! Happy Birthday Hunt!

Saturday, Hudson made his appearance at his first Auburn game vs. Furman. The weather was gorgeous! We couldn't have picked a better Saturday to go down to a game. Hudson LOVED it! As soon as we got to our seats, he started being a little show off! He had the attention of everyone around us! He would look at people, then smile and squeal, then start jumping up and down. It was so funny!

Here is a picture from our seats. We took my parents tickets for this game...don't know why, but they obviously have better seats than we do!

This was Hudson at the beginning of the game. I was trying to keep him from getting sunburned and I just grabbed the little sunhat from this summer thinking it would fit fine because it was so big during the summer, but it was way too small! He has the biggest head! It looked really silly. I kept taking it off of him wherever we went and Joel would get so mad at me, but I was worried I would run into someone I knew and they would think he looked stupid. I know, I know, I'm the stupid one! He didn't get sunburned though!

It was quite bright where we were! We were not dressed right at all. We burned up!





Hudson took a nap right after the game started. I don't know how he slept through all those touchdowns! It was loud! Joel and I had to take turns holding him because he was a load. We were sweating so bad holding him!


He woke up in the second quarter and went straight back to having fun! I think he was after Daddy's hat in this picture. Although, he loved the foam finger that the man next to us had. I guess I now see why so many parents have to buy the foam fingers...kids love them! He also loved the lady's hair in front of us. Whenever we weren't paying attention, Hudson was going for a hand full of hair. Oops.



Looking cute in Daddy's hat! He finally got it. It looks a little better than the silly sunhat!


Around halftime we went and found Ashley and Blaine. They were sitting in our section a few rows down. Blaine was having a blast and couldn't wait to go roll Toomer's! I wish we could have stayed to watch that. Joel and I decided to leave shortly after halftime, but only because we were so thirsty and we didn't have any cash on hand to get a drink (oh and maybe because the score was 42-3 already!). It wasn't because of Hudson! He would have made it the rest of the game I'm sure. He just loves to be outside!


Today we went to Cooper's first birthday party. Cooper is the daughter of one of the girls that I work with, Jennifer. I'm pretty sure there are tons of pictures of her on the blog already. She got a ton of great stuff, and Jennifer made her the cutest ladybug smash cake! I wish I had taken a picture of it. I'm definitely not that creative! Anyway, Cooper is so dainty and girly that she did not want to have anything to do with getting icing all over her fingers. Jennifer tried pushing her hand into the cake and she screamed! Oh well. She was still cute. I just think she didn't want to ruin her momma's good work!

I'm sad that it is already time to go back to work tomorrow. I feel like we have been so busy recently that we haven't been able to really enjoy our weekends. I'm ready for some downtime! I don't think we have much planned for the upcoming weekend, so I'm really looking forward to it. Hope everyone has a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment