Monday, November 2, 2009

8 Months Old

I'm a day late in getting this post up. We had a ridiculously busy day yesterday and I just didn't have a chance to get it done! My office moved up to the Summit a couple of weeks ago and I, along with a few others, were in charge of putting together a family open house yesterday for over 250 people! Then, after the open house, we went to a surprise 50th birthday party for Joel's aunt. Needless to say, we were exhausted last night and definitely not ready to go back to work today!

I will pass on saying that I can't believe my child is eight months old. I know it gets old hearing me say that every month and I'm sure I'm the only one in shock over here about it so I will just leave that to myself this month! It might be back next month because nine months just scares me to death! He will have been here for as long as we knew he was in my tummy! Anyway, back to the task at hand.

Here is Hudson's eight month picture on the chair. I have pretty much given up on having the stuffed animal next to him. It just doesn't stay there anymore. I think you can still get the point though--he is getting so big!




Here is Hudson's silly face that we get all the time. I just love it!


So here is what's going on this month with my little man:
  • He is 21 pounds, 1 ounce as of last Monday at the doctor. I don't know where that stands, but it's huge to me!
  • He is still not crawling and he still does not have any teeth! Maybe if I don't mention much about this, we will have some luck in both departments next month!
  • He loves to walk around with us holding his arms. He is getting really fast and definitely knows what to do! He even tries to make us let go of his hands...he doesn't realize that he's not quite ready for that yet! His favorite thing to do is to stand up and hold onto the ottoman and beat on it. Most of the time a dog is up there as well and he just loves that. He will just squeal as loud as he can. He tries to pull up on anything and everything. We keep trying to tell him that he needs to crawl first, but he doesn't listen.
  • He loves playing patty cake! It makes him smile every time!
  • He still especially loves his daddy. He isn't saying mama or dada yet, but he definitely knows who we are, especially dada! He has to know where he is at all times!
  • He is eating like a champ! We have bumped him up to three solid meals a day and either 3 or 4 bottles a day depending on his schedule. He loves any kind of baby food. I did try to give him half a cheerio once and he gagged it all the way down. It scared me to death. I thought he was choking, but I really think he just wasn't used to that texture going down. Anyway, we're going to stick to baby food for a while! He has figured out how to put puffs in his mouth so that has been great! I still think more hit the floor than go into his mouth, but somehow I never see them on the floor...hmmm...I think the dogs are getting a little extra treat!
  • Nap time is still hit or miss, which is fine with us because he sleeps pretty well at night (except for the talking in his sleep!) and we never have any problems putting him down (he still just smiles at us when we lay him in his crib--he is like, "thank you for putting me to bed!"). When I am home with him, he will take 2 hour naps, but he never does that at daycare. He's afraid he is going to miss out on something! I guess I am pretty boring at home.
  • He loves his bath! We start with him in the sitting up position, but it never fails that he wants to lean all the way back and kick and splash. He has swallowed so much water that it is not even funny! He even rolls over in the tub. It scared me at first, but he knows to keep his head out of the water and he loves kicking and trying to swim (and I will mention that I am always right there!). I think we are going to have a little fish at the pool next summer! I am usually soaked by the end of it all, but he just loves it. Bath time is usually not at a good part of the day for Hudson, so I let him play as long as he wants to in the bath because it makes him so happy. He did have one little accident in the tub where he got a little crazy and I wasn't able to catch him before he did a face plant, but he was just fine! I'm sure it will be the first of many.
  • We're still working on the sippy cup. He knows how to put it in his mouth now. He has a hard time holding it up high enough so that he can drink some juice, but I'm sure that will come later.
  • He is still wearing 9 month clothes, but I put him in 12 month too.
  • We moved up to size 4 diapers.

I can't think of anything else right now. He is just growing up right before our very eyes. Parenthood is the absolute best thing in the world. We are so thankful every day that we have this little man in our lives. Happy 8 months to my buddy!

* New post below!

No comments:

Post a Comment