Monday, December 9, 2013

Holiday Festivities

I don't know about anyone else, but having one less weekend before Christmas has really thrown me for a loop this year! I feel like I'm a ball full of stress trying to get everything done. Then, throw in planning for a last minute trip to Pasadena (WAR EAGLE!!!), we've been quite busy to say the least.
 
Friday was PJ day at the boys' school. They don't normally go on Fridays, but work has been extra busy lately and I had to go in. I wish it was pajama day everyday because I have never seen the boys so excited to go to school!
 
 On a side note, everyone keeps telling me that the boys look identical and I just have never thought it (maybe because their personalities are like night and day too!), but the picture above has made me change my mind! I think they do look a lot alike! They are smiling the exact same!

Friday night was my firm's Christmas Party. It was tacky theme this year and I bought these wonderful sequined vests off of Ebay several months ago for $20! We were sparkly!
Both of our parents were busy that night, so we had no free babysitter option for the first time ever! There is definitely some peace of mind knowing that your kids are with your parents when you go out. We made it almost 5 years doing that! Hard to believe! Leaving them with an 18 year old was very scary, especially when you can hear your 2 year old yelling for Mommy and Daddy from the garage! She is our neighbor though and we knew her parents were right there if she needed them for anything, but we were still nervous about it. Especially since the kids didn't really know her at all. However, they did great and Hudson said he wanted Miss Sydney to come back again, so maybe we will try it again sometime! It was nice being able to be out as late as we wanted (not that we were out late!), but we didn't really feel bad being out late since we were paying her! Although paying for a babysitter is not all that fun...ha!

It was well worth it though because Joel and I won tackiest couple! What a surprise!

 This is all the girls in the audit department. We have such a great group!

Sunday afternoon after church, we headed to the Bridges house for our annual gingerbread house decorating party. This time, Harrison got to participate! I thought he was so cute in his little Santa hat! He did not take it off for the longest time!



 I'm pretty sure the kids consumed more candy than actually made it on the gingerbread houses, but it was a great time regardless!

 It's hard to believe we started this tradition when the kids were 2 and now look at them!


 We also made these adorable hand print ornaments! We did not let the kids paint them...obviously (not that mine look any better than what the kids could have done!)!

The kids also decorated cookies and played their little hearts out! The funniest part of the evening came when we left the 2 year olds unattended in the kitchen. They were quiet, and you know what that means...trouble. They had gotten into a cabinet that had all the sprinkles in it and had dumped out the sprinkles everywhere! It was such a mess! Harrison saw us coming and said Uh-Oh and ran away! Sarah sat in the mess and smiled! It was hilarious! This morning, I was talking with the boys about being at the Bridges house last night and Harrison could not stop talking about Sarah making that big mess and how he ran away! Ha!

More holiday festivities coming up this weekend, including a trip on the Polar Express! Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment