Friday, December 27, 2013

Christmas 2013

We had a great Christmas! The boys are at such a fun age right now, and Christmas was just so exciting for them. We also loved spending so much time with family! We decided this year to cut out a few things and I think it really helped to make things a little more relaxing and not so crazy. It meant missing some of the family events on each side and while it was sad to miss out, it really made Christmas much more enjoyable for us.
 
We started the holiday out with our annual Christmas Eve lunch at the BCC with my family. So much fun! We at ourselves silly.
 
 We usually get a family picture in front of the Christmas tree, but I'm not quite sure where Joel was at the moment so it was just the boys and me! Oh well!

 Cousins! (I love Harrison looking up at Morgan!)

 One of my favorite pictures of Dad and Hudson!
 Then Harrison had to get in on the action. He LOVES him some Big Daddy!

After lunch, we headed home for quick naps and then we headed to our church's Christmas Eve service at 4 with the Reed's. It was a great service and a good reminder of the real reason for the season! We decided to take Harrison to the nursery during most of the service (he's just not ready yet!), but then I went and got him right before we did the candlelight Silent Night. He held his own candle (lit!) and loved every second of it! I was glad we did that. Hudson has not missed a Christmas Eve service since he was born. Oh how different my children are!

After church, we headed to my parents house for our big Christmas celebration.

Harrison LOVED this Auburn football uniform! My parents let the boys open one present each before dinner, and Hudson got the Auburn football uniform and Harrison got legos. They immediately switched gifts! It was too funny!

 Biggest fire truck I have ever seen! (and we now have a fire truck, 2 dump trucks, and a cement truck ALL this size--where are we going to put everything?!?!?!)
 This would be my sister with her new pillow to nap at work. You just lay your head right down on your desk and go to sleep! :) She said she felt like she was in a straight jacket! Leave it to my dad to give some crazy out there gifts. This was not the only one...just the only one that could go on the blog!

My sister and my niece! Can't believe she is as big as we are! And she got some killer cowboy boots that are just my size...I really, really want to steal them!

After a fun night, we put the boys in their PJ's and went home. They were so excited to put the cookies and milk out for Santa. Hudson even had me move the fireplace screen, and then proceeded to look up the chimney to show Harrison how Santa came to our house. Our chimney has this really tiny hole and of course, Hudson was very puzzled as to how Santa would make it through it. I was not prepared! Joel told me I should have said it was magic, but instead I told him that maybe he would just come through the garage instead! Ha!

The kids finally got in bed close to 10! So, it was no surprise at 8 am the next morning when I finally heard Hudson's door open. I had told them that he had to wait on the stairs for Harrison, but he snuck down and took a peek and then went back up! We got Harrison up and then they came down together. They were SO cute!!!

 Such an excited face!

Hudson loved his new 4 wheeler! It really is like a real one, except it is battery powered! I'm not ready for a REAL gas one yet...too many kids get hurt on those things! And, I haven't let him go on it outside without a helmet on. It goes pretty fast though so we've had to establish some rules! But so far, he claims it's just "awesome!" I highly recommend this toy! It can hold up to 150 pounds so I even took a ride on it too!

 Hudson's list of things included a 4 wheeler, a backhoe, and a tractor with trailer. He said that Santa got him everything he wanted! :)


 I love this picture below! Harrison loved the 4 wheeler too!

He has not been thrilled about this cute little fire truck pedal car! I thought it was the cutest little thing ever, but apparently, it does not hold a candle to a 4 wheeler (or the other jeep hot wheel that we have that Hudson would never let him drive--he now claims that it is his jeep!). You win some, you lose some!


 Our only family picture of the holiday! In pajamas and no makeup! Oh well!

 
We played all morning long and then headed to the Reed's for Christmas over there. I loved not having to rush. We had a delicious brunch at their house! I made the Pioneer Woman's sweet rolls--everyone must make them at least once! They were delish!!!
 
Hudson LOVES his uncle Jordan! They just mess with each other the entire time!

 Harrison was not in the best mood unfortunately. He was exhausted. He did calm down some for Pops to read him a book! I thought this was so sweet.

 Joel's cousin Allison gave Hudson the cutest little tiger blanket! She is a designer at Carter's and has access to some really cute stuff!

You can see how happy Harrison was! Ha! He got a lot of John Deere tractors and gators and was hoarding them all in my lap! He didn't want anyone else playing with them!

We ended up staying at Migi and Pops' house for most of the afternoon. Harrison wouldn't nap, so we took just him home (Hudson napped at their house), and then went back to the Reed's house that night for dinner and to pick up Hudson. We were all pretty tuckered out when we got home Wednesday night! Harrison slept until 10 am the next day!

We had such a fun Christmas! I can't believe it is already over (except I take one look at my living room and am reminded of it--it looks like a tornado came through!).

No comments:

Post a Comment