Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Santa, Pictures, and a Wedding

Is it really Christmas time yet??? I can't seem to think about Christmas until after Thanksgiving, but last Friday night was Lights Up at the Summit, meaning that Santa has arrived! Hard to believe! It was a very exciting night for this 3 year old. I think all of his worries and fears over Santa these past 3 years have finally come to a halt. Now, we haven't actually tried to sit in Santa's lap yet, so we'll see how that goes...
 
Waiting on the parade!  
 
  

 Finally, Santa arrived! And, it was even more exciting that he arrived on a firetruck!

 This little guy had a ball too. He sat still and had this mesmerized look the whole time during the fireworks show! I think he may have been half asleep too, but I've never seen him this still!

On the way out, Hudson asked if he could get on Santa's sleigh and have me take a picture. So funny! Hudson insisted on wearing that stupid toboggan all night despite it not even being that cold! Oh well, not worth fighting that battle!

Batman and Robin were in the parade (kind of random, but Hudson loved it!) and afterwards, we had the opportunity to take his picture with them, and he just clung to my leg! So, while he's all excited about Santa, and has been asking when we can go see him, I'm not holding my breath that this year we will get a smile out of him! I'm positive I'll get a classic picture out of Harrison. :) He will be terrified. It was a fun night out and a great start to the holiday season!

Saturday started bright and early with family pictures. We had to be out at Ross Bridge by 8:10! We actually made it! I can't wait to see how they turn out. If we can't get some smiles out of Harrison at 8 in the morning, it's not going to happen. This was the best time of day for him and while he spent the last half of the session crying, the first half was pretty good!

That afternoon, I went to my sister in law's wedding. It was something that I have dreaded ever since she told us she was engaged. Don't get me wrong, I am thrilled that she got re-married. She deserves this second chance more than anyone in the world. And, so does Blaine. He needs that father figure in his life. I wanted to show her that we support her too by going to the wedding, but, it's hard. I knew it was going to be a difficult day, but I underestimated just how difficult it was going to be on me. It was one of the hardest days I've had to endure other than the night I held his hand while Vann passed away. I was trying to be happy for her (and I really am!), but I was just dying inside. I just kept thinking how we should not even be sitting there! They should have 2 kids by now, we should be celebrating holidays and spend vacations with them, and life should be great! But, I know that was not God's plan. Joel stayed home with the boys while they napped, and I met my parents there. I was ok until I saw Blaine walking Ashley down the aisle--it was like a dagger to my heart! I teared up then, but held it together. Then, there was the talk about joining two families (talking about Blaine and he has a daughter). Finally, there was the vows (in sickness and in health, etc.).  It was tough--even with me trying to plan my grocery list while it went on because I knew I would get upset if I really listened! :) My mom and I held it in though until we were walking out of the church and she said something about how she had a lump in her throat and once she said that, I just lost it (and so did she). We quickly went off into a hallway where no one would see us and had our little moment. The last thing we wanted to do was to ruin Ashley's day (who was right in front of us!)! We had a short drive to the reception and I was able to get it together, but I could only make it through just a little bit of the reception before I had to get out of there and when I finally got to my car, I just sobbed and sobbed. It just isn't fair. And, it never gets any easier to deal with. I know that Ashley is happy again though and that is really all that matters. I really do genuinely wish her all the best though and her new husband seems really great so I know she'll be fine! I'm glad that day is over though! And very thankful for 3 sweet boys to come home and cheer me up!

On a lighter note, I can't believe Thanksgiving is the day after tomorrow! Joel and I are both off the rest of the week. We are going to enjoy some good family time!!! Can't wait to watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, eat monkey bread and drink hot tea, and then lunch at Mom and Dad's! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment