Monday, January 23, 2012

Safe and Sound

I don't really have much to report. There's never much to report in January. Is this the longest month ever to anyone else??? I'm somewhat of a zombie today after the middle of the night tornados. The sirens started going off at 3:30 and by 3:45 we had a very scared two year old crying at the top of the stairs. We needed to keep the tv on to make sure we were safe (the storm went just north of us thankfully--many were not so lucky), so I went upstairs to sleep with Hudson. At 4:30, Hudson had finally gotten back to sleep and the storms had calmed some so I headed back to my own bed. Not 5 minutes later, Harrison was crying! Ugh! So after a bottle, we were all back to sleep again until that darn alarm went off at 5:30. Time to get cracking for the day! Not a great start to a Monday, but I am thankful that we dodged another tornado.

We got the jumperoo out for Harrison this weekend and I think he's liking his new view. Not much jumping going on yet, but he is really reaching out and grabbing things!

This is where Hudson usually hangs out--on the floor playing with some kind of vehicle. On this day, it was the ambulance, and peekaboo seemed like the perfect game to go along with it!

I see you!

We had a very low key weekend, which was good. We have started Friday night movie night and it's so fun! Of course, last weekend it was Winnie the Pooh and this weekend was Dinosaur, so obviously not adult choices, but I wouldn't trade that snuggle time for anything!

Saturday it was stormy and Hudson really needed to get his wiggles out so we headed to I-Jump for a bit and let him run wild. It's not my favorite place, but Hudson loves it and it always guarantees a good nap! After lunch at none other than Chick-Fil-Way (in two year old talk) and a close encounter with the very scary Chick-Fil-A cow, it was time for naps.

Saturday night, we headed to the Kincaid's for a cookout. It was so much fun hanging out and Hudson had a blast playing with Hunt. They played together so well. I just loved walking into the room they were playing with and hearing them carry on a conversation. They are getting to be such big boys! Harrison stayed awake the entire time, but never even made a peep. He is such a sweet baby.

Yesterday, it was church and then we celebrated Migi's birthday at Macaroni Grill for dinner. Such a fun night!

The countdown to the weekend is on! We are going to the circus and celebrating Joel's birthday. I can't wait!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment