Sunday, April 3, 2011

Wedding Stuff, A Royal Engagement, and a Swingset in Progress

We've had a lot of wedding planning and stuff going on in the past few weekends. It's been SO much fun! Last weekend, we went wedding dress shopping for Carrie and after falling in love with a dress that was WAY out of the price range at the first shop (my mom almost fainted when she heard the price! Ha!), she was actually able to TOP that dress at our third and final stop and found everything she was looking for in one dress. We all knew the minute she came out in the "one" that it was the dress. It took my breath away! She looked gorgeous--of course, I knew she would! It was very exciting and Andres is going to DIE when he sees her (well, I hope not literally, but she looks amazing in it and it is just so Carrie--I can't wait to see his reaction!).

Last night, I helped host a couples shower for her and Andres. The wedding isn't until November, but Andres' parents were in town from New York and we thought it would be the perfect weekend to have a party since we weren't sure if they would be able to make it back again before the wedding. We had the party at Carrie's friend Kaitlin's house. They bought their house before Christmas and did a ton of work on it to get ready for this party. It really looked awesome. The party was kitchen themed, and man, did they rake it in on the gifts! They got a great start in getting all of their kitchen stuff. It's a good thing they love to cook! The hostesses, minus one, and the bride and groom (I didn't take one picture, so I have stolen these!)

My mom, Carrie and me--I hate being the one in the middle! I look huge!


Check out the ring that my dad gave me this weekend...do you know what it is???

This is Princess Kate's engagement ring! I am now the proud owner of a real, FAKE one! Ha! And yes, I'm going to be totally glued to the tv when that wedding makes its debut! This summer, when my fingers start to swell so bad that I can't wear my rings anymore, I will totally be rocking this one! Can't be pregnant and not wear a ring! :)

This weekend, we also got Hudson's 2 year pictures made. It was such a big flop. The kid wouldn't smile for anything, so I'm not feeling too hopeful about them! I'm just looking for a few good ones, so hopefully, she was able to capture some sweet looks! I guess that's what you get with this age. He did look cute if nothing else! :)

Joel also got started on a little project for the backyard...


Did you know that a swingset could come with so many pieces?!?!? I think it might take a month to get this thing up! I'm giddy just thinking about how much fun Hudson is going to have with the swingset when he can finally use it. I can't wait! We have had the swingset since Christmas, but we were hoping to re-do our backyard this winter/spring to actually give us something to work with back there. After several proposals, it's just not going to happen the way we wanted it to, but that's fine. I guess it's not too bad! So, the swingset is going up anyway and I'm hopefully going to get my wish and get to re-do the master bathroom instead! :)

And since I can't do a blog post without putting up a picture of little man, here you go (bed head and all!).

He's my little cutie and man, is he FUN right now! And did I mention that he has slept in until 9:15 the past TWO Saturdays?!?!? He's such a stud!

No comments:

Post a Comment