Monday, April 11, 2011

The "I'm Scared Stage"

Here we are, on another Monday night, dealing with bad storms at Hudson's bedtime. Can't they come at any other time?!?! Tonight, Joel actually made us hunker down in the man cave. I think when they said there was rotation at the front of our neighborhood, we decided it was best to take cover! I don't like tornadoes, but I LOVE storms, especially the ones in the middle of the night. I could seriously watch James Spann talk about the weather for hours on end. I'm a nerd. Anyway, tonight the sirens went off and Hudson was terrified...of the sirens. If I had to hear "sirens outside, Hudson scared" one more time, I was going to go crazy! He said it a million times! Actually, he screamed it a million times! Yes, Hudson, we know they are outside and it is nothing to be scared of! Haha! Then, it's, "Hudson scared of the nunder and the lighting." Over and over again! Don't you like how he uses third person to talk? Oh well, I'm pretty sure I was scared when I was little too! :) There was no way this little guy was going to bed during all that tonight!

We got the bouncy house out last weekend and Hudson had a blast. Well, until I got in and the whole thing collapsed on him! It's clearly not made for adults, but Hudson kept wanting me to get in and so I did. I didn't jump or anything, but one of the ties that was holding the air in came loose and down she went. To say that Hudson was terrified was an understatement! He didn't want to have anything to do with it anymore that day, but thankfully, on Sunday, he got back in it and went to town. Our neighbors, who are a little older, came over that afternoon and got in it with him again, and unfortunately, it was their mission to make it collapse, and so we had another freak out. We'll see if he gets in the bouncy house again anytime soon!

Speaking of being afraid, last Friday, I went upstairs to get Hudson out of the crib in the morning and he started pointing to his bathroom and saying, "Who's that, who's that?" I'm by myself mind you, and I question him further and ask him what he sees. He kept telling me that he sees a "man." I get him out of the crib and try to get him to show me (not that I really wanted to go in there either!), and he says, "No, Hudson scared!" At this point, I'm scared out of my mind too! We quickly headed back downstairs! Anyway, it was apparently nothing, but the "man" in the bathroom has become quite the issue lately. He did this about 6 months ago and he would point to the bathroom and say "see house" all the time. Joel and I just tried not to pay attention to it, and eventually, he did stop talking about house (whoever that was!). I guess "house" is now a "man." Weird, huh? Anyone want to come stay at our house??? The typical "show me your teeth" pose by Hudson. I try, but this is the best smile I can get!

We've been having major drop off issues at school lately. Hudson will talk about school the whole way there and who he's going to play with, and who his teachers are, and then we will get there and bam, he's terrified. He's been throwing all out fits once we get in the classroom. It is awful. I keep telling myself that it's just a phase, but I can't help but wonder if he really knows there's another baby coming and things are about to change. It probably has nothing to do with it, but my heart just breaks every day when I have to quickly leave (I think that's what they want you to do when you have a screaming child!). His teachers promise me he's fine the whole day. It's just drop off. Oh well, I'm sure it will end soon. When I have gone to pick him up every day, he's usually in a class that is for younger kids and every day for the past week, he's been in the jumperoo and they tell me that he won't let anyone come near him or get him out. He's even been passing on snack time to stay in that jumperoo! I think we may have to buy the school a new one soon because I think it only has like a 20 pound weight limit! Ha! I know he loves school, but he just doesn't like saying goodbye I suppose!

Well, I guess I will end with that. Hudson has definitely entered the "I'm scared" stage!

No comments:

Post a Comment