Thursday, November 3, 2016

Last Day in Disney!

This was supposed to be the day we came home, but thanks to Hurricane Matthew, we got one more day! We headed back to the Magic Kingdom that morning to do a few last things. Boys picks! It was a beautiful day with a really nice breeze. Perfect day for some fun!
We started with the Buzz Lightyear ride, which we had not done yet.

 And then met the big man himself!

I didn't realize the boys were color coordinated that day!!! We were really stretching it with clothes at this point.
 Then we had to do Space Mountain one more time. I think in total we rode this 4 or 5 times. Good stuff!
We did the race cars one more time and I think a few other rides, ate lunch, and then headed back to the hotel to watch the Auburn game. Yes, we are die hard fans that could not miss it, not even for Disney World! We did plan our flight to where we would be home in time to watch it, but I digress...

It was an awesome Auburn game, which kept Joel in good spirits. The boys did great in the hotel room for about 2 of the 3 hours and then were losing it towards the end. In all fairness, it was a lot to ask of them! After the game was over, we headed back to Hollywood Studios, the main reason being that Hudson really wanted to finish his trip off with one last ride on the Rock N Roller Coaster!

We had to meet Olaf first though...

 And Chewbacca...
He was my favorite of all the characters we met! And he made the cutest little noises! Hudson asked him if that was Spanish, haha!

We did Toy Story Mania one more time too! I was able to get a fast pass for it. I could not believe it. Harrison and I tried to redeem ourselves and beat Joel and Hudson, but I think we did even worse than the last time. Hudson beat me both times...that is sad!

We ate dinner and then Hudson and I rode the main event!

 Such a fun ride!

The next day we got up and let the boys swim and FINALLY were able to book an earlier flight home. We had been trying for 2 days to at least get us back at a decent time, and our persistence finally paid off. We were able to get a 2 pm flight and were home by 5:30!

And that was our trip to Disney!!! It was SO fun! We had a little bit of excitement with the hurricane, but we got to do everything we wanted to do and see, and the boys are already asking when we are going back. Actually, they are telling us that we are going back when Hudson turns 10! We'll just have to wait and see!

No comments:

Post a Comment