Monday, July 7, 2014

First Few Days at the Beach

I'm going to break up the beach posts into a few separate ones because I took so many pictures and we did so many fun things that it is just too much to write in one post. As I left off, I took the boys solo down to the beach for a few days last week before Joel joined us. I was a little worried at first at how we would do, but I think the boys knew they needed to be on their best behavior because they were dream kids! We had an awesome few days of just Mommy/son time. I will definitely do it again!
 
I was really proud of myself for even making it down to the actual beach. At the kids' ages right now, all they want to do is play in the pool, and lugging all of the beach gear down there when I knew they would be asking to go back to the pool 5 minutes later is tough, but we did it! It was moments like this that made it all worth it! Big brother taking Harrison to the water (and I was enjoying the view from the chair I lugged down there, even if it only lasted 30 seconds!).
 

Monday night, we headed down to Seaside to see Cinderella in the amphitheater. We had ice cream on our blanket, and watched the play, and it was so fun! Highly recommend!

I had to break up the monotony of staying at the condo and doing the pool and the beach every single day, so we tried to get out and do fun activities as well. One morning, we headed down to Alys Beach and played on the playground.
 Harrison does not like to get stuff in his shoes, and the sand and his crocs were just not working.



 Then, we went to an animal show at the Alys Beach coffee shop. It was really fun!

 This would be Hudson petting a hissing cockroach. It's a good thing that roach didn't go on the floor or it would have been dead, courtesy of my shoe. I do not do roaches...not sure why this was part of the animal show, but oh well!

 Of course there was a big snake! Harrison had no fear!

We had planned to do the splash pad at Alys that morning too, but it was not turned on for some reason, so we had to go back later in the week.

We spent a lot of time at the pool. This is definitely where the kids were happiest and could entertain themselves for long periods of time!


My attempt to make beach time last longer...snacks.

 And kites...
 This night we actually stayed on the beach until 6:30 or so, and then went to the pool after that! It was a late night, but when the kids are happy, I'm happy! And, we had no agenda so it was perfect.


 Do you see how much sand is all over this guy? We have come light years since last summer! He wouldn't even touch the sand last summer.

 I was there too!
The kids napped every single day--both of them. They were good boys. During nap time, I headed out to the pool to read my book! It really was glorious! I love how convenient the condo is to the pool so I could do that even without Joel being there. Don't worry, I checked on them periodically! And I taught Hudson to read the clock in the boys' room and they were not allowed to come out before the first number was 7...and it actually worked! Now, I heard them long before 7, but the fact that I didn't have to get up until after 7 was great!



Once Joel got there on Wednesday, we had a lot more fun planned, including a Pirate Cruise! It was one of our favorite parts of the trip! To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment