Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Disney, Day 5 and 6

This was our last full day at the parks, and we had no agenda, which was great. We decided to go back to Magic Kingdom and just do what the boys wanted to do. This was by far our most favorite day!
We started with Haunted Mansion, which was one of the boys' favorite rides. They were not scared a bit! Then, we had an extra switch rider that someone gave us for Thunder Mountain so Joel did that with Hudson, and then I did Splash Mountain with him. I think I got the raw end of that deal...especially since they put us in the very front and we got soaked! :)

 We rode Goofy's Barnstormer again, the Little Mermaid ride, Pooh, and a couple of others, just in the morning! We really got a lot accomplished! Ha!

Then, we headed to Tony's to eat lunch in the Town Square and it was really, really good! We wanted to see the talking Mickey, which is right in the Town Square as well, so this was perfect. We ate and walked right over to see Mickey.

 Harrison's reaction to the talking Mickey absolutely made the trip. I've never seen a more excited little boy. This was his favorite thing all week.

 Mickey taught them how to walk like an elephant and they loved that!

 I highly recommend going to this! We waited maybe 20 minutes and were in a room with Mickey all by ourselves and got to spend a little more time with him than just taking a quick picture and moving on.

 It dumps you out right in a store, and Harrison immediately went and grabbed this stuffed Mickey and hugged and hugged him. We knew we had to buy this!

 He goes everywhere with us now and sleeps with Harrison too! It is so sweet!

 When we walked outside, Pluto was out there, so we had to get a picture with him too.

 We attempted to get a picture with the castle in the background...

 Then, we went and set up shop for the main afternoon parade. We wanted to get a good spot on the curb for this one since it was one of the last things we were going to do, so we sat (and melted) in the heat for about 40 minutes.
 It was so, so hot, but we survived!
 The parade was well worth the wait! All of the main characters in one place...

 We finally got to see Elsa and Anna!

After the parade, we went and rode Pirates of the Caribbean one more time and walked through the Swiss Family Robinson tree house, and then decided we had had enough! What a FUN day it was!

That night, we decided to go into Downtown Disney and go to the T-Rex restaurant. On the bus to Downtown Disney, Harrison finally caved...

 He wouldn't sleep the entire week, but he finally wore himself out enough that he couldn't take it anymore. He actually fell asleep sitting up in his own seat in the bus and almost did a face plant! I swooped him up and he never even woke up...not even on the 1/2 mile walk to the restaurant from the bus stop...if you haven't noticed, he's a load and this was the one night we did not bring the stroller. Bad move!
 T-Rex was so fun! The food was pretty good, but the boys had more fun walking around the restaurant looking at all the dinosaurs when they came to life than sitting at the table.

 Harrison still lovin on Mickey!

 Of course we had to make a stop by the lego store, and Hudson was in heaven. I've never seen a boy so obsessed with legos. If anyone has any lego storage ideas, please let me know! I cannot stand seeing little lego pieces scattered throughout my house.

Hudson wanted everyone to know that this is what he wants...

It's for 10-16 year olds, so we told him he had to wait a few years (however, I have no doubt that he could put this together now!).

Hudson fell asleep on the bus back to the hotel that night. It was definitely time for our trip to end. Everyone was worn out.

We did have one more half day at Epcot though. We had been trying to do the Soarin ride all week, but couldn't ever get to it, so we thought it would be good to just get a fast pass the last morning and knock it out. It was a fun ride!

We also saw Chip and Dale!

 We did Turtle Talk with Crush and it was hilarious!

And got in a shark's mouth...

Hudson also climbed OUT of the shark's mouth...ouch!
Then, we headed back to the hotel to grab our stuff and headed to the airport. The boys were just as excited to get back on an airplane one more time!

Joel and I are still talking about how much fun we had, and Harrison tells us daily that when he turns 5, he is going back to Disney World. We are definitely going to make that happen! We had a lot of people tell us to leave Harrison behind this trip because he was so young, but I am so glad we took him. There was so much for him to do, and despite his one meltdown on day 4 which was totally expected, he was perfect! Hudson did great the entire time, and I was so impressed with how adventurous he was. They were at a great age for all the characters too. I'm not sure how they will be next time...I know for a fact that I won't be able to dress them alike every day! Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment