Monday, May 13, 2013

Mother's Day

I have a lot of pictures to put on the blog from the weekend's festivities, but I'll start with Mother's Day. We started Mother's Day weekend with Muffins with Mom at the kids' school. It was so cute. Words just cannot express how much I love these little munchkins!  Hudson was SO excited all week about Muffins with Mom and I was excited to share the morning with both of them!
 
I loved getting to spend time in their classrooms and I think I read about 10 books to Hudson's class while I was there! :) They sure do love reading!

This might have been my favorite thing from the morning...
Hudson thinks I'm 12 years old and 20 pounds! Hey, I'll take it! He cracks me up. He has been talking about the slip n slide since last summer. I did the slip n slide once to show him what to do and thought I might have broken every bone in my body! But, he obviously thought I liked doing it! The favorite foods are the two vegetables that Hudson absolutely will not eat. Anyone who knows me knows that I despise carrots...brings back memories of when my own mother made us sit at the kitchen table until we ate our carrots ("they are good for your eyes, blah, blah, blah"). I guess maybe she was right since I have yet to need glasses! Ha! Anyway, I love the last response too. We love to take surprise trips to Dairy Queen for ice cream after dinner. I'm glad he loves that too!

Harrison had the sweetest little cards made for me too. Even though he is still too young to understand, we had a good time eating muffins together and opening my sweet gifts!


They both made these cute coffee mugs. I think Hudson went a little crazy with a sharpie! I love it though. The homemade gifts are the best and the ones I treasure the most.


Joel and the boys also got me some new (really nice!) sunglasses. I've never had nice sunglasses before so we'll see how this goes!
 
As for Mother's Day itself, it was the day after the wedding and we were all so exhausted. We had breakfast at the Reed's with his extended family that was still in town and then stayed there through lunch. Then, it was big time naps at home. The highlight of my day was getting to go to the grocery store ALONE. It's the little things. It was a pretty normal day and that was fine by me!
 
I have to mention my mom. We could not have made it through this weekend without her (and CJ!). Love you Mom and Happy Mother's Day!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment