Monday, March 5, 2012

The Fire Truck Party

The big party was Saturday morning. Of course, it didn't happen without a little bit of chaos the day and night before! We were expecting terrible storms on Friday--so bad that they closed all the schools at noon. I had been worried all week about it raining at the party, but by Friday, I knew the party would be fine as long as we could all get there!

Of course the weather wasn't the end of it. Friday afternoon, I tried to get Harrison down for a nap several times, and he just wouldn't have it. He was so fussy, and it was just getting worse by the hour. He would not take his bottles either. I knew something was not right because he is always so happy and easy and never turns down a bottle! At about 8 that night, I decided that I needed to take him to the after hours clinic to get his ears checked because we weren't going to be sleeping that night if I didn't go. I did check the weather before I left to make sure everything was ok (and it was, it never got too bad here at all thank goodness!). Sure enough, it was his ears. We got some antibiotics and some numbing drops that would help him sleep Friday night, and thankfully, they worked like a charm! He woke up starving at 2:30, which I had expected, but after a quick bottle, he was back asleep.

Anyway, I was glad we were able to get a few doses of antibiotics in him before the party. He still wasn't himself, but it was a lot more tolerable than it would have been I think. And, thanks to Migi for loving on him the whole time. We could not have put on this party without Migi taking care of Harrison and without Carrie and Andres getting there early and helping us set up, and helping throughout the party too AND with the clean up! We owe them big time.

Now, for the pictures! We started out at the fire station.

The kids had so much fun climbing in the fire trucks.

The fire men gave them hats and they all loved that!

I love this just makes me happy to see those kids run with those big smiles! They were all giddy and it was too cute!

Come on boys, smile! Ha! The three H's, Hunt, Hudson, and Haines!

There was no way all those kids were going to look at the camera at the same time. There were some that absolutely would not get up there too. So funny! This is just what you get and I love it!

After a little while at the fire station, we headed down to Overton Park to play and then have lunch and cake.

These two boys are like brothers. They love each other one minute, and are fighting the next. They made a big scene towards the end of the party over sharing a ball (imagine that!), and I was absolutely appalled when my child pushed Caleb down in the mud. I was so embarassed and felt so bad. It was awful. But, apparently, that's what they do, and after some tears and some apologies, they were back to playing again with smiles on their faces.

Ellie Belly and Hudson in the swings.

I didn't get a good picture of all of them eating, but I was shocked that they all sat at the table at the same time and ate. They were all so cute. We just did Chick Fil A nuggets, chips, cheese, and fruit, and then of course, cake. It was easy.

Margaret and Lindsay and sweet Sarah, who was born just 11 days before Harrison!

The birthday boy blowing out his candles!

I forgot to take a picture of the cake before we started cutting it, so this is the best I could do. Pops took one, but I can't seem to get it off the IPad right now. Anyway, I had Publix do the cake and they did a great job! I was impressed with the fire truck!

I had to take this picture because Hudson is crying because he fell in the mud. All the boys were out in the grass playing and one by one, they took a dive in the mud. It was funny to watch them all go down and get dirty! Most of them didn't care, but mine was so upset! He did get over it quickly and fell down a few more times after this. I guess I just need to get used to the mud with boys! :)

I realized after the party that I didn't get a single family picture or a picture of both boys in their cute shirts, which was one of my inspirations for even having this party! I saw these shirts last spring and I said back then that I wanted to do a party at the fire station! Everyone was exhausted, so none of these turned out very well.

We quickly got Hudson in the bath after this picture because he was so muddy, and after that, we opened all of his gifts. We didn't do it at the party because I thought it would just be too much for a bunch of 3 year olds. Hudson had a blast opening them and he got some awesome new things! He was so excited about it and I think he really felt special! Migi and Pops came over shortly after that and brought more gifts! Pops made Hudson (or me, rather!) this adorable bookcase! I just love it and it is exactly what we needed to go in his room!

And after all of that, this is what happened...

Zonked out for three hours on the floor! :)

It was such a fun day and Hudson is still singing Happy Birthday to himself. I'm not sure how make him get that it's over! Thank you to everyone who came to celebrate with our sweet Hudson! Turning three has been pretty good for this little guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment