Friday, February 11, 2011

Locked Out

Well, this story about sums up my week. Geez! I got home with Hudson around 1:15 or so today and put him down for a nap. Our dogs, which have been getting out of our fence a lot lately, including a couple of days ago right when I was trying to get out the door to get to a new client on time (which I ended up being late...ugh!). I couldn't find them anywhere. I drove up and down the street, called Joel and cussed him out for making me late (ha!) and then when I got back to our driveway, lo and behold, there they were. Those little stinkers. So anyway, back to my story of today. I followed them outside to make sure they did their business and stayed in the fence. Only, when I turned to go back inside, the door was locked...keep in mind Hudson is in the house! Awesome. I knew he was asleep and I probably had a good 2.5 hours to figure this out, but there was this fear in me that this might be the one day that he decides to climb out of his crib or something and he had fallen and I wouldn't hear it or be able to do anything about it! I kept telling myself to remain calm while laughing at myself at the same time. I had no phone, no hidden key, and I had dropped Joel off at work because we had taken my car to the shop, so there was no way for him to get home to help. I went to the only neighbor that I knew had a chance of being home, and thank goodness she was there! She just laughed at me. I got Joel on the phone and he called his dad, who is the only other person that has a key to our house (I think it's funny that my instinct told me to call Joel first when I knew he could do nothing about it! I should have just called Charlie...oh well!). Thankfully, he was able to come over and let me in! Hudson was awake when we got inside, but it didn't seem like he had been screaming or crying at all, so that was good. Crisis averted. But, I hate those dogs--totally their fault! And yes, I'm looking to blame someone for my stupidity! It has been one thing after another this week so I shouldn't be surprised that I did this. I'm pretty happy it's the weekend!

I haven't taken many pictures lately, but these were all from last weekend. We went to a fun Super Bowl party last Sunday night, but of course I did not take my camera. It was fun seeing friends that we had not seen in a while!

These pictures were taken last weekend after church. Hudson loves his Dirt Devil! It was doing wonders on our deck and our back yard! Oh how we are longing for warm, sunny days. I'm OVER the cold and the snow and all these dreary days we've been having. I'm in such a better mood when the sun is out.



Joel is working on sanding down and re-doing a little table and chairs that were mine growing up. Our hope is to get it looking good and put it in the playroom so that Hudson can have a place to draw and color. Hudson was Joel's little helper last weekend! He is just so smart. He saw that Joel had something with a cord on it and went and found a jump rope (a makeshift sander with a cord!) and went to town on the chair just like Joel was doing! We were cracking up. He's going to be handy just like his daddy one day.



After he got done sanding, he put the cord in the back of the shop vac and turned it on and got to work. How he knows how to do all of that blows me away!


Whenever we have the vaccum cleaner out, he loves to stick his hand up to the hand held vac part and get stuck. He thinks it's just hilarious. So, he decided to stick his hand INSIDE the shop vac...

Boy, that was fun!

Happy weekend everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Awww! It's good to know that Hudson remained safe, until you got the chance to open the locked door. Hahaha! It seems that there are so many lessons you learned from what happened. Some of those are to always have a spare key outside of the house, and to never leave your child alone and unattended. In any way, thanks for sharing that, Mindy! All the best to your lovely family!

    Joyce Roberson @ LockedOut LockSmiths

    ReplyDelete