Thursday, March 21, 2013

High Time for an Update

I'm drowning in work. This is the worst busy season I've had in years. Can you tell the blog has suffered? The only reason I'm updating tonight is because our work server seems to be down at the moment. I've been working until 11 or so every night during the week. I'm tired, and cranky. Just ask my hubby. I'm hoping this is all worth it when I am only working a few days a week in the summer. I have to keep reminding myself of that or else I will never get through this! I really don't know how you full time working moms do it. I have to leave by 5 so I get to spend some time with the kids, but wow, how stressful is it between 5 and the time they go to bed (6:30 a lot of nights for Harrison!)!?!? Phew! How in the world do you cook dinner??? We're not even talking homework here--I'm not sure I'll be able to handle all of that! I like having a few more hours in my afternoon. Can't wait to get back to that schedule! As soon as they've hit the hay every night, the computer comes back out for me. Life stinks right now. Anyway, enough of that pity party for me. This will be random (and full of Iphone pics), which seems to be the usual these days!
 
Hudson has some super cute Under Armour workout clothes that my parents gave him for Christmas. I went running a few weekends ago and he just begged to put his running clothes on too and come with me. I think he made it a couple of houses down the street before he begged to start walking. 
 
Joel says he needs to put some shorts over those tight pants! :) They are so so cute though and he loves to be just like his mommy. I'm milking it for now because I know it won't be like that forever!

We finally had some spring like weather last weekend, so we went to local pizza place and ate dinner outside. It was wonderful.
And if sitting outside for dinner wasn't enough, we decided to go to the ballfields in our neighborhood right after dinner and take a few jogs around the bases. It was so fun!

Last weekend, Hudson went to his first princess party! Ha! He was SO excited. It was Caroline's 4th birthday and the party was at the Children's Theater and we got to see Sleeping Beauty. It was such a cute play. It was so funny seeing the differences between the boys and the girls. The girls all sat in their seats and didn't make a peep, but the boys just couldn't sit still. They did ok though! What a fun idea for a party though!

We also got in some park time! This little mess has been SO fun! He is just as cute as he can be, and he has really been showing his sweet and loving side (and not as much as his terror side!)! I am loving it. I realized that I totally skipped his 17 month post, so I'll just wait until 18 months. He has come so far in the past couple of months though. How is he about to be a year and a half??? Didn't I just have him??? I am loving his age right now. He was going down the big slides at the park! He seriously has no fear!


First trip to Doodles! Hudson has been begging to go to Doodles. We've never even taken him before, but we tried to go about 6 months ago and they were closed and ever since then, everytime we pass the place, he asks if it is open yet. It finally opened and it did not disappoint!


Hudson has hit the terrible 4's. Is that normal??? I always heard that 4 was the best year. Of course, we NEVER had issues at 2 or 3, so maybe it is just time for us to pay our dues. He has always been really good though--definitely our compliant child! Ever since he turned 4 (like on the DAY he turned 4), he has just been bad! He is giving us a run for our money right now. He does have such a sweet heart though and it upsets him to no end that he disappoints us, but I know we've got to nip this in the bud! This has been a particularly bad week at school. Yesterday, he got put on yellow for calling a friend "stupid". We do not even say that word in our house. I don't know where he got that from, but I was appalled (and embarassed). Then today, he got put on RED, which was a first for him. He spit on 4 kids in his class. This has been a problem lately for all of the boys, but he has usually been the one spit ON (by his best buddies no less--guess it is a boy thing!). But, now he has become the spitt-ER and that is not good. Of course I'm blaming myself because he has had to be at school more than normal and I know he just needs a break. Maybe this is his way of expressing that. Too bad accountants don't get spring break! We are getting away for the weekend, so I'm hopeful that it will give us all the rest and relaxation that we need. Mountain air is always good for the soul!
 
Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment