Friday, January 30, 2009

Must be the Hormones!

This will be a quick post because I have a TON of work to do, but I heard a song on the radio this morning and it really got to me. I've heard the song before...several times actually...and it got to me then too, but I guess I never really listened to all the words before today. It is the new Darius Rucker song called "It Won't be Like This for Long." It is about a new dad bringing his baby girl home and how hard that first week is. His wife tells him that this "phase" won't last forever and soon she'll be all grown up and gone and he will wish he had that time back. It just really made me think about how time is going to fly by with Hudson. He's not even here yet and I'm worried that it will go by too fast! Oh the hormones these days. I've never cried so much in all my life being pregnant. I'm looking forward to being back to normal soon! Anyway, if you get a chance to hear the song, listen to all the words. It is so true!

1 comment:

  1. I cry evertime I hear that song...especially the part about bringing the baby home and how hard the first week is. I loved the first week home with Cooper! Wes and I were learning together how to be parents and we had no idea what we were doing:)

    ReplyDelete