Sunday, January 11, 2009

Kooza and Baby Update

My parents took Joel and me to see Kooza in Atlanta today. For those of you who don't know, Kooza is a Cirque de Soleil show. To say it was incredible is an understatement! It was amazing! I don't know how those people get the nerve to do some of the acts in the first place. One of the acts was two contortionists. It makes me hurt to think about how flexible those girls were! I wish I could explain it! Joel cracked me up when he said that the contortionists were freaky and he couldn't wait for them to be over with! I thought most guys would be intrigued by that...shows you what I know! They bent in ways that most people cannot even imagine! My favorite act was two guys that were on a "hamster wheel" type thing that went around and around way up high in the air. They did some really neat tricks. My hands were sweating so bad because one little slip up and they would fall 30 feet! There was also a tight rope act that was awesome. If you ever get the chance to go see this, definitely go!

As for the baby update, I went in for my 32 week doctor's appointment on Friday. I had one last 4D ultrasound so I got to see Hudson's sweet face one last time before the real thing! We didn't get any great shots because he had his hands on his face most of the time (which was so cute by the way!), but we did get a couple of profile shots. I can't wait to see what he looks like in person! The doctor said that he weighs 4 pounds, 5 oz right now. I thought that it sounded huge, but she then went on to say that he is only in the 51st percentile in weight. Everything else was measuring ahead, so they moved my due date up to March 3rd. So, I guess he is going to be long and skinny! I told Joel that and he quickly said, "Well, you used to be small, right?" I almost killed him for saying that. Just what I needed to hear after I found out that I have gained 28 pounds so far! Gotta love men. They always know exactly what to say! Oh and Joel and I were looking at baby pictures of us this past weekend and we now know where the nose came from...ME! I had a pudge nose. Who knew!

This is an exciting week for Joel and me (except for the fact that my busy season starts tomorrow--only a couple of months though so I can make it!). The nursery furniture is being delivered tomorrow so we can't wait to see it and finally start putting everything together. Also, we are having our first shower next Sunday, and then my work shower the next day. I can't wait! I will post pictures of everything soon! Thank you to everyone who is planning these showers. It means the world to Joel and me!

Hope everyone has a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment