Tuesday, June 5, 2018

March

We started out right on March 1st with Hudson's 9th birthday! How in the world we are 9 years in I will never know. It has gone by so fast. He's such a sweet, sweet boy. He is so happy all of the time and so go with the flow. He's so kind to others. He is so into sports right now it's not even funny. Not necessarily playing them himself (although he's always swinging a bat or pitching in the back yard), but watching them and knowing all about them. He's a walking sports encyclopedia. He's going to be an announcer on ESPN one day (of course he will tell you he's going to be a pitcher the MLB)! He literally talks ALL.THE.TIME. And it's loud. I don't know where he got that, seriously. I get compliments all the time on his manners...so sometimes when I think we've completely failed as parents and I hear that, it makes me feel like maybe we've done something right! Ha!
 
We celebrated with donuts for breakfast and of course, Johnny Rockets for dinner. His request every year. His favorite food is cheeseburgers and milkshakes and naturally, he likes to be the center of attention when the restaurant sings Happy Birthday to him. Again, a trait that Joel and I do not share his love for! :)
 
This year, he wanted to take just a couple of friends to the trampoline place and then spend the night. Easy peasy.
 












 Pizza and cookie cake to top it off!

 Hudson and Joel participated in the Cub Scouts Pinewood Derby again this year and did pretty bad! They ran out of time and the paint was still wet on the car when the race started...oh well, there is always next year! He went for an Olympic theme though since the winter Olympics had just ended which was cute!


Harrison started baseball too in March! I did not love the black pants to begin with, but let me tell you, after the first game, I was thanking the powers at be that I did not have to spend my days and nights scrubbing baseball pants! I will always love those black pants haha!

 Harrison had his Kindergarten PE program. He looks very enthusiastic here, but let me tell you, performing is NOT his thing. Like not at all. Especially dancing in front of people. It was a struggle. Such a boy.
 I don't know why he would be so embarrassed waving little red flags and dancing?!? :)

And square dancing??? He was dragging his poor sweet partner around!



There were lots of nights spent at the ballpark watching baseball games. Rooney joined us one night and spent the night too! So much fun.


Hudson had his 3rd grade music performance. This was the last year at this sweet school and some of the songs were tearjerkers! It was all about them "moving on".  I swear it was just yesterday that we were starting Kindergarten!

 Hudson loves to perform unlike his brother!
 Found the one below on my phone. I think we were in Dollar Tree and he must have taken a selfie!
Hudson had his first pitching debut and it was very nervewracking! He did so good and we were so proud of him.

 Spring Break started and of course it was my busy season so we couldn't go anywhere, but we did go see The Lion King play. We went and ate at Babalu beforehand and had such a fun night.




 The play was fantastic and our seats were right on the aisle where all the cast came by. The kids loved it!

 We did load up the kids and headed to the cabin for the second weekend. It was a quick 2 nights, but we had fun!
 We went and held baby bunnies one morning! They were so cute and we wanted to take one home!





 Big Daddy and the boys played with the clay. It was so much fun for them.

 This is what Big Daddy loves and I know they enjoyed sharing that with him for a few hours!





 We came home that Saturday afternoon and tried to have a quick egg hunt since Easter was the next day. The golden egg struck again and Hudson ran off crying because he didn't find it. Next year there will be no golden eggs. Or maybe we'll just not do an egg hunt at all! Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment