Monday, February 17, 2014

Another Snow Event!

We had another 3 day snow event last week. It ended up raining for 2 days and then finally snowing (schools were extra cautious and closed for 3 days!). It was such a beautiful snow when it finally started Wednesday night! We all watched the snow fall from inside, and I wanted so badly to take the kids out in it, but Joel did not want them to go out. I really think it was the fact that HE didn't want to go out! Ha! When he took Harrison to bed, Hudson and I snuck outside and had the time of our life! Seriously, we had a ball. And Hudson thought it was the coolest thing ever getting to stay up late and play! I've never seen this boy SO giddy! I think we were outside for 2 hours!
 
We had about 3-4 inches fall in a matter of hours. It sure was nice being home for this one! All of the neighbors were out too, so that was fun. Hudson and Tony built a big snowman after an hour of snowball fights!
 
The next morning, we raced outside to let Harrison play in it before it melted (and it melted fast!). He was not as thrilled about it as Hudson was! He wanted nothing to do with it.

 He was happy to be riding in his jeep instead!

And of course Hudson had to make sure the 4 wheeler could get through the snow again. It had no trouble!


So that was another lost 3 days of work. And today is President's Day and the kids' school is closed again! I've promised myself this year to not get stressed out about things like this and enjoy the unexpected extra time with the kids, and so that's what we're doing. We're having fun and I'm working when I can, which means early, early mornings and late, late nights and weekends, but it's ok! You can tell the blog is suffering though and that's just because I have no free time to do it! The kids are at a really fun stage right now and really all I want to do is to be with them anyway--they totally come first! Although Hudson is begging to go back to school...he just loves it and told me today that he was going to go unlock the doors at school and go in! I told him we were going to the zoo instead and thankfully that was ok! :)


Other than our snow days, we've spent the weekends doing projects around the house. I've been playing tennis on Saturdays and that has been a blast, and t-ball kicked off yesterday for Hudson! So we've been really busy, but it hasn't been all that exciting, thus not many pictures!
 
The boys asked to match exactly one day and then asked me to take their picture. They are such a mess!


Harrison loves him some Elmo!

This is a terrible picture of the 3 of us, but I'm putting it on here to show Hudson's crazy curl. His hair really has a mind of its own and on this day, the curl in the front on the top looked like I had put a roller in it! It was hilarious!

 We've actually had some warm days in the midst of all the snow days. It has been crazy weather and is a wonder that we haven't been more sick. Harrison did have an ear infection a few weeks ago (again!), but we can't complain too much since he's only had 2 of them since his last surgery in July, so I would have to say that's a win for us!

 I just love this big genuine smile that Harrison has! He is happiest when he's outside (just not in the snow!)!

We got Joel a fire pit for his birthday and we've had so much fun with it! The boys love making smores!
Hopefully after today we will be able to get back on our normal schedule. Life has been crazy this past month. I don't know about anyone else, but I'm ready for spring!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment