Sunday, May 31, 2009

Wonderful Weekend!




We had such a fun weekend! I'm so sad that it is just about over. The weather was awesome all weekend. I think that made it all the better!

Friday afternoon, Hudson and I went and hung out at the pool with Cameron. Hudson took a fabulous nap while Cameron and I got some sun...well, we probably talked more than we got sun, but it was so nice to have some adult time! It was very relaxing. I did put Hudson's feet in the pool and he seemed to like it a little bit once he got over the initial cold shock...I can't wait to try again at the beach this weekend!

Friday night, we went to Buffalo's for dinner with some friends. Buffalo's has such a fun atmosphere. We had a great time hanging out with everyone and listening to the band, and the food was not too shabby either. The babies did great too! Jennifer and Wes came along with their baby girl Cooper...Cooper is about 4 months older than Hudson and they are just about the same size! I think we determined that Hudson outweighs her! She is so cute and dainty though, and has the most beautiful eyes you have ever seen! It was so fun to see them. Kristen, Cameron, Caroline, and Joel's brother Jordan also joined us. It was a fun group! We definitely need to do it more often!

I was so glad to have a non-stressful dinner out for a change. I haven't had one of those in a while. Joel and I went to Brio with my mom and grandmother last week and Hudson was terrible! After all of us taking turns swaying with him away from the table, giving him a bottle, and 2 diaper changes, we concluded that he had a tummy ache. Poor little buddy! It's a good thing Brio was a loud restaurant because he screamed the whole entire time! I doubt we will be invited back to dinner with them again! Needless to say, we weren't able to enjoy dinner very much. He hated being at Mitchell's in SanDestin last week too. We were so glad when he was the perfect angel at dinner on Friday night! I was starting to wonder if we were going to have to stop going out...I thought that wouldn't happen until Hudson turned 2! I really think that he sees us eating and has a fit because he wants to eat too! Who knows, but that's what Joel and I think anyway! He does it every night when we try to eat dinner at home too. He will be so happy and we sit down and eat, and he starts screaming! What can I say...the boy loves to eat if you can't tell!!!
Sorry, I went off on a tangent! Saturday morning was great too! Hudson slept in until 8:30! We woke up to a beautiful morning, and so we decided we would go for a walk with the dogs. It was great. We then had to take my grandmother to the dentist...she had a little emergency and my parents were out of town. We love seeing Mama Jean and she does so much for us that we didn't mind helping her out at all! I'm glad we were available! We then cooked out Saturday night. It was a lot of fun and Joel and I decided that we were going to have a big cookout soon...so friends, get ready. We will be inviting you all over very soon! We are so glad to have our grill back. We have been grill-less for about 6 months now. It has been terrible! I'm not a good cook so when we don't have a grill, it's not good. I really don't know how we've made it this long!
Today has been a bittersweet day. I can't stop thinking about what Tuesday has in store for me. I'm so emotional about it! I just keep thinking about how I am going to react when I drop Hudson off at daycare. I don't know if I'm going to cry (probably will), or be ok and content knowing that he is in good hands. We will see! I will be sure to let you all know how it goes.

Tomorrow we are having Hudson's 3 month pictures done. I can't wait to see how they turn out! It is unbelievable to me that he will be 3 months tomorrow. It feels like just yesterday that he was the tiny 7 pounder in my arms. Now he's a chunky 15 pounder! They sure do grow fast!
P.S. I don't know what is wrong with the spacing on this post! It is bothering the heck out of me, but it won't let me fix it! I hate computers!

No comments:

Post a Comment