Monday, November 9, 2015

Halloween Week

We started off Halloween week with crazy sock day! Hudson was so excited to finally get to wear the long socks that all the boys his age are wearing (I hate them!). I figured for Red Ribbon week it would be ok! They ARE crazy, right!?!
 Next up was Harrison's Halloween parade and party at school. I made these cute cupcakes for the party! I was proud of myself! Ha!

 Harrison looked so cute in his parade!

 I could not get enough of Harrison's cute buddy, Carter, in this Auburn band costume. Hudson has been asking to wear a marching band costume for years and I actually looked into it last year and realized that there wasn't anything out there that he could wear. This child's grandmother MADE it! It was completely 100% accurate even down to the white tennis shoes! :)

 Harrison's cute Kangaroo class! His best buddy Owen was also a Ghostbuster, which I thought was just hilarious seeing as though Ghostbusters is not exactly a movie for a 4 year old! :) My 4 year old (and Owen too!), however, is obsessed with the movie, and has wanted to be a Ghostbuster for Halloween since last Halloween ended. There was nothing else that would satisfy him!

 Next up was Hudson's Carnival at school! Harrison had soccer the same night, so I took Hudson solo. While it is definitely not my favorite event of the school year, I survived, and Hudson had an absolute blast. is good for that! And obviously good for the school to raise all that money!

 The weather man was predicting rain on Halloween all week, but we really thought it would be later in the evening and we would get some trick or treating in. As it got closer to Saturday though, I realized trick or treating might be a bust and so I decided last minute to take the boys to Boo at the Zoo on Friday night. It was one of those things that I had just thought we would skip this year even though the boys kept asking to go. However, I knew that it would at least get them in their costumes and they would get some candy, so if Saturday didn't work out it would be ok!

We ended up having so much fun and I am so glad we went! Joel wasn't feeling well, so he stayed home. I got there at 5, which was the trick. We got to do everything and didn't have to wait. We stayed until 7:30 which I could not believe since we did not have dinner before! The line to get in was UNREAL when we left. So glad we went early!

My favorite picture from Halloween!

The only thing the boys didn't like was that the train ride was not in the dark. However, we did do the haunted hay ride and it was dark by that point so I think that made it better!
 Trick or treating!
 Harrison asked for Auburn on his entire face. The look on the poor girl was priceless! However, she came through!

 The boys begged to watch the show before we left. I tried to talk them out of it because I was ready to go, however, I am so glad we stayed. It was super cute! Harrison loves him some "munions" (rhymes with bunions) so it was great. I don't have the heart to tell him that they are "minions!" Munions sounds so much cuter (and funnier!)! Ha!

The boys loved getting to see the Star Wars crew!

Saturday morning, I FINALLY got around to carving the pumpkins. They look so bad...pumpkin carving is definitely Joel's job so hopefully he can take back the reigns on that next year! Yikes! They were done though!

I just realized in the picture below that we didn't carve the last pumpkin! Oops! Obviously Harrison did not mind!

 We were told to expect rain by 5, so we started trick or treating at 4 and by 5, all the kids were done! So, it ended up working perfectly and I honestly loved starting earlier! We could actually see the kids trick or treating, and we were done in time to have dinner and fun afterwards!

We did a hay ride in the neighborhood and the kids loved it. Harrison did a whole lot more sitting in the hayride and eating his candy than actually trick or treating. I was thankful he could do that!

 Goofy smiles!

 Hudson and his friend bothered me all night that I could not see his face! His costume had these crazy light up red eyes too!
 When it started raining around 5, it really started raining! We all had ponchos, but we still all got soaked getting back to the house. We hung out for a while and had dinner at a neighbor's house, and then called it a night.
And the rain continued into Sunday and we literally never got out of our pajamas that day! It was so nice to do nothing after a full week of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment