Wednesday, June 19, 2013

A Play Date and a Lake Weekend

It's not often that I get to experience play dates. That is one thing working moms miss out on, however, this summer I'm doing my best to get some play dates in with friends on my off days and last Friday was one of them. We headed over the Kincaid's to play for the morning and we all had so much fun! How could you not have fun with this huge inflatable water slide!?!?
 

 Cooling off!
 Harrison LOVED the slide and did it over and over again. He wore himself flat out and hung really well with the big kids!
 Then there were water guns and I was somehow the target...

That afternoon, we decided on an impromptu trip to the lake for the night (which turned into both nights!). We had one of the best weekends at the lake ever! The boys had such a blast and no one wanted to come home! Even Jordan and Anna came up there so it was a lot of fun!

The weather was beautiful! We went on a boat ride at sunset and it was even a bit chilly!

 This boy kept saying, "This is SOOOO fun!" over and over again. Love these times!

Harrison was not so sure about the boat ride. I thought he would warm up as the weekend went on, but boat riding was not at the top of his list of fun. Gator riding, however, was his thing and we went on numerous rides throughout the weekend! Even ones that began before 7 am (he was just too excited to sleep). We did see a bald eagle on one of our gator rides so that was really neat!

We built campfires both nights and made s'mores! Hudson was Daddy's big helper in gathering sticks for the fires. Harrison just loved throwing marshmallows in the fire. I'm sure the ants are loving those this week!

 He kept saying, "Hot, hot!"

This picture is blurry, but can you tell how much Hudson adores his Pops? Doing everything Pops does...
Saturday morning we were all eating breakfast on the porch and I looked out into the yard and there was Harrison up on the lawnmower. I didn't realize until later that the key was in the ignition! He was loving just sitting up there pretending to drive! We gotta watch this boy!

 Then there was big tractor rides all around...

 Harrison is on this one...
We swam (not my favorite part--lake water is yuck to me), but Hudson loved it. Our attempt at a family shot...this is pretty much keeping it real.

 Hudson wanted to go tubing, but the tube has a hole in it. Maybe next time. We did get to watch Anna and Jordan wakeboard and ski, and Hudson became a great watchman for when they went down! He was so worried each time! Oh this precious boy's heart...

What a wonderful weekend we had! I'm leaving Friday for San Diego for work and coming back Tuesday. I'm not thrilled about it (I HATE leaving the kids), but Carrie and Andres are driving down to see me so I am looking forward to that part! I have to take a test on Saturday which has been most of the cause of the lack in blogging lately (every free minute has been spent studying), but that will be over soon and I can't wait for that! I don't know what Joel and the boys are going to be up to this weekend, but I'm thinking that they will probably be going wherever his parents are going if I had to guess...which probably means another trip back to the lake! Heaven for boys! :)

Maybe I will be back to regularly scheduled blogging next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment