Sunday, January 10, 2010

Work in Progress

I decided this weekend that I would give the sewing/embroidery machine another try. It was a disaster the first time around. I couldn't even get the needle threaded to even be able to do anything! That is sad! You expert sewers are probably cracking up at how terrible I am at this. I got frustrated with it after that first time and haven't touched the thing in a few weeks.

Anyway, take two was much better. I got the needle threaded on the first try and monogrammed my first scrap within a few minutes! I was so proud of myself!

Below is the finished product on my first monogramming. Hey, at least there is something ON the shirt. I guess I need to work on getting the spacing right so that I can get Hudson's WHOLE name on there! Ha! I was just playing around with the border thing. I definitely need some more practice!

Below was my second try. I thought, well, I have mastered this now, and I went out to Target and bought a little turtleneck for Hudson to wear. It was only $2, so I figured if I ruined it, no biggie. Well, I ruined it! I was not ready for that yet! I had such high hopes.


I'm just proud of myself for getting it to work! There is so much that I still have to learn, but I actually got a little addicted to it this weekend! It is fun! My plan is to sew Hudson an outfit and monogram it by this spring. We'll see if that happens!
.
On a side note, this is my 100th post! I feel like there should be some kind of celebration post for making it this far! Oh well! We didn't do anything special this weekend, and I really don't want to write 100 things about me or something clever like that...it would take forever and I have laundry to fold and Desperate Housewives to watch! So instead, you get to read about my pitiful embroidery work!
.
I will say this though--I'm so glad that I have started this blog and I have enjoyed keeping it up. Sometimes it is hard to come up with things to blog about, and I feel like my mind is constantly thinking about, oh, this would be something good to blog about, but overall, I feel like it has been a good chronicle of our life and how Hudson has changed us in the past year. I'm really hoping that Joel will do a post in 2010! We'll see if that happens! Oh and just to put this out there...I would LOVE to hear from whoever reads this blog! Please leave me a comment from time to time! It means so much to know that people actually read this thing because I know at times these posts are boring and I get in a rut sometimes as well, so it would be nice to know that people are still reading. It gives me the push that I need to keep doing it!
.
* However, to the person that keeps leaving comments in all Chinese letters, please do not leave a comment because you will leave us no choice other than to make this blog private if you keep doing that. I have no idea what you are saying...it could be good things, but most likely not, so I would really appreciate it if you would stop.
.
Hope everyone has a great week!

2 comments:

  1. I totally feel you about wondering if people are ever reading what you write...I am! I love the updates about sweet Hudson and the pictures--he is too cute! Have a great week! Happy 100 posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read your blog and love seeing updates on Hudson!!! He's precious!!

    ReplyDelete