Sunday, January 31, 2010

11 Months!

Little buddy turns 11 months old tomorrow! Words cannot express how much fun he is at 11 months old. It just keeps on getting better and better. It is so funny because on my days off with him, and even weekends, he just exhausts me to no end (I don't ever get to sit down now!). I'm usually so ready to get a break when Joel gets home, but then I get a break and 5 minutes later I'm missing him and wanting to play again! He has me wrapped around his little finger and he can definitely do no wrong! We just love him so much.

Here is Hudson's 11 month picture on the chair. Lucky for me, Joel was making all kinds of crazy faces and sounds and it worked like a charm! Otherwise, there would be a picture of a chair and no Hudson because he would have taken a nose dive right off the chair, head first I might add and loving it!


He has a scratch on his eye from our dog, Jack, who stepped on him this morning. Poor thing.



He LOVES bathtime (without the big duck!).


He is obsessed with hats! He loves taking them off people's heads and trying to put it on his. He also plays a mean game of peekabo with a hat!


Here's what Hudson is up to at 11 months:
  • He is crawling all over the place and pulling up on everything. He is starting to stand without holding on. He can do it for a few seconds before falling. Sometimes he doesn't even notice that he's doing it. Daycare has said that he has taken a few steps, but I have yet to see that! I don't think he is quite ready for walking, but I know it won't be too long.
  • We are working on dropping bottles. He moves up to the next class in daycare in a month and they don't do bottles at all. We dropped his two middle of the day bottles to 4 ounces each last week and he had no problems with it, so this weekend, I eliminated both of them and he hasn't had any problems at all! I have just made sure that he gets a snack and gets juice throughout the day and he has been fine. I tried giving him whole milk tonight and he hated it so we need to work on that. He still has his morning and night bottle and I don't know when we will try to eliminate those. It sort of makes me sad (but then I remember how sick I am of washing bottles!).
  • He is a pretty good eater. He is on all table food and he loves to feed himself. He does better if it is something that he can feed to himself as opposed to me feeding him. Today I gave him a pickle and he had a fit over it. He LOVED it and whined for more! I couldn't believe it! He even ate my nasty broccoli casserole last week...he made my day because it was terrible! However, for the most part, he doesn't love veggies so we're working on that! He also doesn't like bananas. I'm thinking it's a texture thing?!?! Oh, and his absolute favorite right now is goldfish. He would eat goldfish for all three meals if we let him. You would think that eating goldfish would be hard with no teeth, but he must be an excellent gummer!
  • He is waving bye-bye, giving high fives, and saying "Dada" all the time. I went into his room this morning and he said, "Hey Dada!" I was like, no, not quite right. I'm positive that he knows that Joel is Dada, but he must think I am too? Who knows. He knows how to say Mama, but when I ask him to repeat it, he just says Dada. Makes me so mad!
  • That darn tooth is still sitting right below his gum and is taking its sweet little time to come through. I really hope he is not toothless Joe at his first birthday party!
  • He loves to dive off the sofa and the bed head first. We hold his legs and he puts his arms out like he knows what to do. He thinks it is so fun. It's a little scary knowing that he might do it when we're not watching, so we've made sure not to let him out of our sights at all!
  • He also loves to rough house. He loves to jump on us and is all about getting a reaction out of us when he does it. He is all boy for sure.
  • He is wearing 18 month clothes. Can you believe it? He's still my big boy. I thought it was supposed to slow down when he got to moving!

I think that's about it for 11 months. He truly is so fun to be around and we are so blessed to have him. I just can't believe he will be a year old in a month, but that is a different story.
Happy 11 Month Birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment