Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year! I can't believe it is 2010! We had a wonderful time ringing in the New Year last night. Thank goodness for grandparents...best thing ever! Joel and I had a great dinner out and then went to a party close to our house. We never thought we would make it to midnight, but we did! We have paid for it today though.

We had some bubbly at midnight!


Today feels like a new school year. You always want to start the year out right. I made a few resolutions/thoughts about the new year that I will share.
.
1. Get back on the couponing! I have gotten inspired from some fellow bloggers and I really think this can be done. First things first though...I've got to get a Sunday paper! That's on the list for next week!
.
2. Stop complaining about things so much. Joel has a "no whining" pin that he probably brings out way more than he should, so I need to do better about that. I'm serious about the no whining pin!
.
3. This one goes along with #2. I feel like I am constantly nagging Joel to help with Hudson and I really need to stop that. I give him a bad rap sometimes, but he really is a great dad and husband and I don't tell him that enough. So, I'm going to cut him some slack and tell myself that he is a man and doesn't necessarily always know what to do, and I'm going to make sure that I thank him for all that he does do. I really am a lucky girl and Hudson is so blessed to have him as his dad!
.
4. I should probably put exercising down, but let's be honest, I know I won't live up to that resolution! Ha!
.
5. Get together with friends more. Since having Hudson, we have sort of become anti-social. It's a lot harder going out to restaurants with Hudson. We always get so nervous about it because it always seems like he is in the worst mood when we go, and I don't want to make a scene! Of course, he is always perfect when we get there, but we get so worked up about it that most of the time, we just eat in instead of taking the chance! If it means we need to have some dinner parties at our house, then that's what we will do. I miss our friends and we really need to get together more often!
.
6. Cherish every moment with my sweet Hudson. I have realized in these last 10 months that life flies by so fast and I have a feeling that I'm going to blink and he will be 10 years old! That thought just makes me so sad! So, I'm going to do better about not wanting to wish my life, and his, away because this time is so precious! Sorry about this one...it's sappy, but needed to be said. Why can't he just be a baby forever?!?!?
.
Well, there's just a few. I have more, but I won't bore anyone with more of that!
.
This is sort of not related to New Year's, but below are some pictures of Hudson playing and our constant mess of a house. This boy has no lack of toys, that's for sure! I should have put keeping a cleaner house on my resolutions list as well, but how is that possible with a baby!?!? We do straighten up every night, but I've had to get used to the clutter.

He loves this barn! I know I have said this before, but he has an obsession with doors and loves to open and close them. He will do it for an hour at a time! I'm not kidding! With the barn, he loves to open the door, crawl through, and close it behind him, over and over again! It is so cute!


My parent's got him this bear for Christmas, and he gives it a "bear hug" every time he sees it! It is adorable. More on his "hugs" on a later post! We are loving it!

He got a kitchen too and he loves to open and close the refrigerator door!


I just thought this was funny. This is our den on a good day. Looks like a tornado ran through it! So does the play room for that matter!

Hope everyone had a GREAT New Year! We are excited about what is to come in 2010. I'm not sure that it can top 2009, but we'll see!
.
Ten month post to come soon! My baby is 10 months old today! Can't believe it!!! Oh and hooray for an Auburn victory today! Three times at that...we thought the refs were going to give it to Northwestern!

No comments:

Post a Comment