Tuesday, January 26, 2010

First Birthday Preparation

Seriously, could he be any cuter???


This past weekend I did my best to get some pictures for Hudson's first birthday invitation. The above picture is one of them. I thought it was so sweet. I found an invitation that I just love, but it required me to get some pictures of Hudson digging into a birthday cake. So, this weekend, I went to Publix and got a blue cupcake and let Hudson go to town. It was probably one of the worst ideas I have ever had, but I did get some cute pictures for the invitation that I'm not going to put on here just yet! :) Anyway, I put Hudson on the floor with the cupcake in front of him and he immediately stuck his hand in it, then picked the whole thing up, put it on his face, then spread it all over his tummy, and then sat on it. At this point I was realizing that maybe this wasn't the best idea, but then he decided he wanted to crawl over to me and get a pick up. We went straight to the sink and had a bath! Blue icing is not the easiest to get off of hardwoods either! I'm pretty sure that no cupcake ever went into his mouth. He really missed out.

I have a few other little special ideas in the works for his birthday that I am so excited about. It is hard to believe that he will be one in a month. I'm so sad about it, but I'm really loving this age right now.

Other than doing some planning for the big birthday this weekend, we didn't do much else. Joel has been busy working on the "man cave" and actually asked me to go out of town for the weekend so we wouldn't bother him. How nice. We stayed home, but wished we had taken his advice and gotten out of there! Oh well, we will know for next time. However, Hudson decided to sleep until 8:30 both Saturday AND Sunday this weekend! It was awesome!

I'm so proud of my little man and his eating lately. Just last week, I asked his daycare teacher to help with him on picking his food up. I would try to get him to pick it up, but he wanted to eat straight from my hand like a dog. And, if anyone has been with us when he has done this, you know that he looks like a dog when he does it! I was afraid that we would do his smash cake on his first birthday and he wouldn't know how to feed himself! I know, the worries of a first time mom. It's terrible. The same night that I asked his teacher to help, lo and behold, he ate his whole dinner with his hands. That little stinker. I knew he could do it. I have learned that the trick is that I have to put it on his high chair and just walk away and he will eat every bit of it. If I sit there with him, he won't do it. That was actually very good for me because it gives me some time to prepare dinner or do other things while he eats, so it is a win-win situation for all! Ever since then, he has been doing great and we haven't touched baby food in a week! Yay!

Oh, and the big news is that Hudson is working on a tooth! We can see it, but it hasn't broken through his gum yet. I'm just glad that he is not going to be toothless forever! I was getting worried! Now, if we can just get it to come on through, we will be doing great.


Here is Hudson's favorite spot in the kitchen. He loves looking out onto the back deck, especially when the dogs are out there.


Hope everyone has a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment