Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Problem Solved

I mentioned in the last two posts about our sleeping issues over the past week. Well, we have a reason for those sleepless nights...this little buddy has ANOTHER double ear infection.

You wouldn't know it during the day, and he never had a fever, but he would not sleep at night and only took an hour nap at daycare yesterday, and that is finally what tipped me off. He was hurting when we layed him down. He also got a cough and absolutely could not breathe this morning, so I knew it was time to take him in. Poor buddy! I just love daycare. Ha! He went last week for all of 3 days and he already has an ear infection.

We have had a fun day together despite him being sick. We have played ourselves out and he has taken two really great naps! I know he has to be tired...I know I am tired too after about an hour of sleep last night! I told Joel last night that I don't miss the days of no sleep, but we really had it easy when he was a newborn even though there were some sleepless nights. He used to just sit there in his bouncy or swing, or lay on his play mat, and I thought it was SO hard! I just have to laugh at myself! Man, we had it easy then! Now, we have a whole day of chasing him around, going from room to room playing with new toys to keep him occupied (I swear he gets bored easily!), and constantly telling him to stay out of things because of course he is always interested in the things or places he can't go. Not to say all that isn't fun, but it sure is exhausting! However, when he bounces when he gets excited about something, laughs at me, or gives me hugs, it makes every second of the exhaustion worth it!!!

Here's to the sleep issues being resolved! Woo hoo!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment