Sunday, January 3, 2010

10 Months Old

Little buddy turned 10 months old on Friday. It is hard to believe that I will be planning his first birthday party in 2 months! Actually, I need to start thinking about that pretty soon!


The photo session on the chair lasted about 2 seconds. He was out of there!
.



This is what Hudson is up to at 10 months:
  • Hudson is all over the place. Let's just say this phase is exhausting, and I know it is only going to get worse! He is crawling everywhere and pulling up on anything and everything. I don't think he is anywhere near walking, but his balance is improving every single day. He can move around on things pretty well and he is starting to let go of one hand and balance on his own, so we are well on our way.
  • He is giving hugs now! It is the best thing in the world! He even gives the dogs hugs too. They don't feel quite like we do about them, but it is still cute. Also, if you get on the floor and tell him to come get you, he will come and climb on you and "get you." It is a fun game and he just laughs and laughs!
  • He initiates many peekaboo and peep-eye games. He LOVES this!
  • He still does not have any teeth, but we are really thinking that one may be coming through soon. He has been so fussy today especially and was up every couple of hours last night crying. He has had his fingers in his mouth all day, and at bathtime tonight, he wanted to bite the side of the tub instead of playing with his toys, so I really think his mouth is bothering him. I hope it is not like this with all the teeth! Gosh, this is a process!
  • He has started this thing when he eats baby food where he thinks it is really funny to spit the food back out at you. He "motorboats" it and it goes everywhere, to the point that I have started wearing an apron when I feed him or else I will have carrots, green beans, or whatever he is eating all over me. He laughs when he does it. I have to say, it is pretty cute and I laughed at first, but we are working on getting him to stop that because it makes a mess. He doesn't really listen to me, but when Joel tells him no, that bottom lip comes out and he starts crying so I know he somewhat understands. Or maybe he is just scared of Daddy!
  • I love that he laughs at everything we do. Just tonight, Joel was making funny sounds with the gum he was chewing (so not funny, probably a little gross!), and Hudson got so tickled. I was laughing so hard that I had tears in my eyes. He thinks we are so funny no matter what we do, and I love it!
  • He has started reaching up towards us, and loves to crawl to us and pull up on our legs when he wants to be held. It is really sweet.
  • He still loves to be bounced or thrown up in the air. He also likes being on Joel's shoulders. On the bouncing note, when Hudson gets excited about something, he bounces. He was so funny during Christmas because when he would get excited about a toy that he got, he would just bounce away. It is hilarious.
  • He is getting better at eating finger foods. Tonight we had pears and he really liked them. I haven't been the best at starting new things every day (it is so much easier to just do baby food!), but he has had pineapple, bananas, any kind of bread, green beans, cheese, turkey, pancakes, and all sorts of sweets, including an ENTIRE cupcake at his daycare Christmas party. He probably would have eaten a second one if I had let him! He loves using the sippy cup, although we are just putting water or juice in it for now. I need to start putting formula in there at some point to start the process of weaning him off bottles. I might wait another month or so for that! Oh and the puffs...whoever invented puffs was a genius. That is the only way we can get through a dinner out these days!
  • He is a talker, and loves to use his outside voice! He is saying mamama, dadada, gagaga, lalala, and bababa. I don't think he knows yet what anything means, but he sure does have some serious conversations with us!
  • He is still not sleeping through the night. We have to go his room once or twice a night most nights. It is frustrating, but usually it doesn't take much to get him back to sleep and he still goes down pretty easily, although, he has started to like being rocked to sleep. I don't mind that at all though! He will just put his head on my shoulder and we just cuddle for a while. It is so sweet! He goes down at around 7 and sleeps to around 6:45.
  • He is wearing 12 month clothes, and a lot 18 month. Actually, the 12 month clothes are about to be put away. It is a good thing Christmas is over with because he was busting out of all his cute Christmas outfits!

I think that's about it for what he's up to this month!

This picture below makes me think he is teething as well. He is ALWAYS biting on that bottom lip! Maybe I will have tooth news soon!


Oh and a little update on the duck tub.




A friend of mine told me that the beak of the duck makes noise (thanks Ashley, we did not know about that!), and he does like to check that out. We go and look at the duck every night at bathtime. Hudson will hit at the duck and smile at it....



But when you put him in the tub, he is still terrified!



Happy 10 months Hudson! You are such a joy to us and we just love getting to know this little personality that has started to come out!
.
Joel and I are back to work tomorrow. I've had 2 weeks off and needless to say, I am so depressed. I have enjoyed every second that Hudson and I have spent together, and I have a feeling there might just be some tears tomorrow at drop off!

1 comment:

  1. Duck pics are HILARIOUS! I bet he'll be in it in the bath tub in no time. So I'm not the only one that didn't know the beak squeaked...ha! :)

    ReplyDelete