Sunday, May 2, 2010

Weekend With Sis

These two came into town this weekend. It was a whirlwind trip and was over before we could all blink! They took the red eye from Los Angeles and got here Friday morning. I picked them up, we had an awesome lunch at Olexa's (YUM!) and then headed up to Mentone for the night.

We had cocktails by the fire pit and watched the sunset. It was beautiful and we all had such a fun time being together. Hudson was fascinated by the fire pit! My poor mom is restraining him!

He was also obsessed with going up and down the stairs. It's never a dull moment.





Saturday we went down to the town and walked around the art show for a while. The weather was not very good, so we didn't stay too long. We ate lunch at the Wildflower of course before heading back to Birmingham.

Hudson loved this little gazebo in downtown Mentone. We had to get some pictures!

Oh and as a side note, I made that shirt! I'm very proud!




We had to come back Saturday so that Carrie and Andres could go to the Derby for Duchenne party Saturday night. They looked so cute! For a split second, Joel and I almost decided to go. Then we realized we didn't have a babysitter and I didn't have a hat! I had to have a hat! Oh well, they probably didn't want to hang out with us old folks anyway and we most certainly couldn't have lasted until 1:30 am like they did! Ha!



Hudson was obsessed with his Aunt Carrie. He just loved her and was constantly asking her to pick him up. I just wish we could see her more often! He doesn't look excited in this picture below, but he was so upset that they were leaving. He cried when they left for the night! He was flat worn out by this point though. It was a big weekend for Mr. H.



This morning Carrie and Andres slept in and then we all headed to lunch at Brio with Mama Jean. When we got to Brio, they told us that it was going to be a 45 minute wait. There were tables available ALL over that place so we were so mad. Mama Jean did her thing and talked to the manager. She told him that she lived in a nursing home and wasn't able to get out much and all she wanted to do was to eat at Brio (so not true, but funny nonetheless!). I told the manager that we had a baby that wasn't going to make it that long and that my sister had a plane to catch (all very true!). Next thing we know, we have a table! I was very irritated with them though. It is not often that I throw a little mini fit over a table (well I never have), but this was ridiculous!

Anyway, we had fun at lunch and before we knew it, it was time to take CJ to the airport. I know I had a few tears in my eyes as we said goodbye. It is hard when we only get to see each other a few times a year. I have GOT to get out there! I have to take a week off work in a few weeks because daycare is closed and I asked Joel and my mom tonight if they thought if it would be crazy if Hudson and I went out there for a few days that week, and they both told me it would be a disaster. I just want to go so bad! I miss her so much! It is a good thing that we like Andres so much. He is so good for Carrie and I feel like I don't have to worry as much about her with him around! That said, he is SUCH a city boy and it is hilarious. He didn't know what to say about Mentone. He even said when we drove up that he heard dueling banjos and had Deliverance on his mind! Anyway, we had a good time getting to know him more and hope that some day (sooner rather than later) he will be a part of our family (and maybe be willing to move a little closer to Alabama!). There you go, Carrie...I was so good all weekend and didn't mention anything about you getting married or moving back to Alabama, but believe me, they were BOTH on my mind! Ha!

1 comment: