Sunday, May 9, 2010

Waterbabies

Hudson and I had our first Waterbabies class on Saturday. I thought it would be so fun for Hudson since he loves the bath so much.

Well, I was so wrong!

He spent the first 25 minutes (of the 40 minute class) screaming! It was like I was torturing him. All the other babies were loving it, but mine was about as afraid of the water as he was of the yellow duck tub!


It was almost embarassing because his screaming made it hard for everyone to hear the teacher!


We started out with the kicking, and then the arms. There was some singing and splashing. Nothing seemed to work! Finally, Hudson's mood started to change when they introduced a ball to this whole swimming thing. It wasn't so bad after all! Hudson loved chasing after the ball in the pool. Joel and I were laughing at Hudson because he was the only kid who crushed his ball. See the picture below. He was really stressed out with the whole situation!



We blew bubbles and Hudson jumped off the side of the pool into my arms. He didn't love going into the water, but he didn't hate it either. Next week we have to dunk them all the way under the water! Scary! I can't imagine how that's going to go over! Ha!



I think there may be a smile in there somewhere!


I hope next week's session goes better! I am hoping that he remembers the last part of the class as opposed to the first part!

No comments:

Post a Comment