Monday, May 24, 2010

Water Fun!

We had every intention on going to the real pool today, but somehow the day got away from me, and before I knew it, it was 4 pm and we hadn't been to the pool yet! Good thing Hudson doesn't understand everything quite yet and wasn't too disappointed at our change in plans! We could have gone at that point, but I knew the pool would be crawling with lots of kiddos who had just gotten out of school for the day. We improvised at home instead! Who knew a bucket of water and some toys (and a cute naked baby!) could be so fun!


This turned out to be a little more work than I thought it would be. First of all, the bucket was on top of a bike rack in our basement, so I had to find something to stand on to get it down. Then, I couldn't find the hose, although, even if I had, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have crawled through our bushes to get the hose going! I'm terrified of all things living...bugs, snakes, WORMS, it wasn't going to happen. So, I decided to fill the bucket in the bath tub. Great plan, except that I couldn't lift the bucket when it got full! I almost gave up at this point, but I emptied it out enough to get it outside and then I filled the rest of it up with about 50 trips using a pitcher!

It's a darn good thing Hudson LOVED it!


I couldn't resist posting this picture of the naked bottom! So cute!


I think it's time that we invest in a baby pool. What do you think?

We had an awesome first day of vacation together. He is the sweetest boy in the world and it was so fun to have a full day with just the two of us. The best part of it was that he has been calling me Mama ALL day! Melt my heart! Only took the boy almost 15 months to get that down, but I'll take it. Oh and I checked one closet off my list. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment