Thursday, May 20, 2010

A Few Tidbits from the Week...

This week has been a long one! I'm working tomorrow to get in a few hours in preparation of being off all next week so maybe that's why it has been so long. It has been a year since I worked 5 days in a week! I'm sorry to all those who have to do it, but I sure don't miss it! Hudson's daycare is closed next week...I think this will end up being our beach week starting next year (can't go this week this year because the condo building is being remodeled--such a bummer and I can't justify paying to go somewhere when we can go for free if we just be patient!), but for this year, I have a list a mile long of things I need to get done at home. Unfortunately, that involves cleaning out closets, cleaning out the fridge, etc...not very exciting things, but stuff that has to get done. We'll probably throw in a few trips to the pool, park, a much needed haircut for Hudson, and shopping to get us out of the house too, and next weekend we're headed to Mentone and to the lake. I'm excited about that! So, say a little prayer that I don't lose my mind next week! I'm looking forward to it, but I also know that if I don't get out of the house some, the days are going to be really long.


This walking thing has become crazy. Hudson has officially been walking for a week and it is amazing how much better he has gotten in such a short amount of time. It is also amazing how many more things he gets into since he started walking, and how quickly he gets places! I thought he was quick with the crawling, but it is nothing compared to walking. He has no use for any of his toys either. Why did we buy all those? All he wants are the cabinets, drawers, doors, etc.

This is a funny story from this week. I was driving to daycare one morning this week and we got stuck in the school traffic by our house. If you follow politics at all, Slade Blackwell is running for something...I obviously don't follow it much because I don't know what he's running for (but I have heard the name!)! Anyway, he and a bunch of young girls with signs were on the corner across from the school, conveniently right where we got stopped on this particular morning. I avoided all eye contact with them. It is awkward...I mean, do you wave? Smile? Not that I don't support them...I just prefer not to look, and I'm not especially cheery in the morning anyway and they were jumping around and screaming and all smiley. While we were sitting there (which seemed like a lifetime!), I hear a belly laugh in the backseat and turn around to see Hudson just cracking up at those people. And, of course, they noticed that he was laughing at them and they got right up to the car window and started dancing and making funny faces to egg him on even more. So then, I had to make eye contact with them, and I just gave the fake smile (and pleaded with the cop making us wait to let us go!). Hudson was still just dying out laughing at them. Thanks buddy! It was funny though.

Another thing this week was that Hudson has apparently earned the messiest eater at school award. They told me that he is hilarious because he puts the food in his hair (on purpose), throws it on the ground when he doesn't like something, and has it all over his face and outfit by the end. He is a messy eater. I should just strip him down before every meal like I do for spaghetti night (see the picture above). It would save a lot of outfits! He has also refused naps several occasions this week and it has not been pretty when I have picked him up. I don't really like this stage and I'm hoping that next week, I can get him back on track! Needless to say, he hasn't made it past 6:30 pm at all this week and has still slept until 7 am. This guy needs his sleep.

Today, I had a class all day at the Wynfrey. It was a Women's Summit class and it was actually really good. It was much better than the other education courses we have to take to get our required hours in! It was basically all about what challenges women face in the accounting field and what we can do in response to the challenges. It was interesting. There was even a fashion show at lunch! Anyway, there were door prizes all throughout the day and on the very last one, I won! I was so surprised. I won a facial at a spa--awesome, right? Here's the kicker though...it is in Montgomery! Seriously, why would I go to Montgomery just to get a facial?!?!? I usually never win anything, but the one time I do, it is for something in a different city! Well, I paid it forward and gave it to my friend Kelli to give to her mom who lives in Montgomery. She will definitely put it to use! I'm glad I could do that (but I'm still a little irked as to why they would give out prizes for things in a different city!).

After the CPE class, I picked up Hudson and headed to the Lili Pad to hit the 50% off sale. I was so mad that it was on a day that I had something all day, and had to take Hudson with me since I couldn't go during the day. You have to get there early to get the good stuff, and by the time I got there, there wasn't much left. Hudson was in a serious mood, and would not be held while we were there. So, I was that mom. I let him run all over that store. He pulled clothes off racks, and got into a box full of coat hangers and dumped them out one by one. He even tried to exit the store once. Every time I had to go get him, I picked him up and he would start screaming to get down. It was a disaster. Oh and did I mention that at some point, he made the biggest stinky! I could smell him from all the way across the store! Ha! Oh well, we got out of there with only spending $60, so Joel is probably glad that Hudson prevented me from staying any longer!

We have a busy weekend coming up. It is starting bright and early on Saturday morning with helping out with a 10K at our church, and then of course, Waterbabies. We are also headed to the Oak Mountain petting zoo for a birthday party! This is all before noon on Saturday...we are going to be one tired bunch! Ok, this post has officially gone on too long! It was really only supposed to be a "few" things from the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment